Shopping a new 2020 AT4. Could use some help with pricing.

I've been love with the 2019+ Trail Boss and AT4 models. Cooled seats make the AT4 overall winner. Stopped in at a local dealer and they had a beautiful Pacific Blue Metallic AT4 sitting there fresh off the truxk. It hadn't even been PDI'd yet.

MSRP on the truck with destination is $59,090. They're at $48,090. That's with a 3,000 dealer discount and 8,000 in rebates. This seems great to me. Curious what other feel? They're offering me a crap trade though and telling me the price includes the 2,000 "trade assistance".

I'm think trade assistance is a bogus thing. If I remove their 2,000 bonus, were $5k apart on the trade. I'm basing the trade on similar deal with a Ram dealer that offered me 5k more and there was 12k in rebates. I understand it's an apples to orange comparison.

I may just hold out and see how desperate they get over the coming weeks due to beer virus going around.

Also, looking at this sheet. What is the amount the red arrow is points at?1eb9d21092ab2a9d8f29d014e67affe4.jpgd7f406cca7dfd8aee54024cebad47b62.jpgbd62ea685d9bf2d749991de9d6f3f906.jpg

I just signed documents to trade in my 2019 Trail Boss. The truck listed at $68k and change, after discounts from GM and dealer, got it for $57k. Take delivery this week after ceramic coating is finished. Happy I was able to get out of the TB being a bit upside down, the discounts made it happen. Could I have done a little better? Probably, but I'm happy. :)

2020 AT4 Listing.png

Truck price looks good based on what I was offered last week.  The AT4's I was looking at were 11k below MSRP.

Your trade value is a separate issue.  Use KBB or similar to get an estimated trade value to verify their offer.

• Like 1

I'd say that's a really good price, but I'm one who bought my AT4 in November for $64,000... I probably could have waited and got a better deal but fell for the truck and it's a loaded beast so I'm happy.... wife, not so much lol

Marc

At4 Rebate is currently 6500 in my area. Depending on your market, I would shoot for a 5500 dealer discount on top of the rebate. I got a 6500 dollar dealer discount and 6500 rebate a week ago as long as I financed with them. Trade assist is usually a built in gimmick. Tell them kbb excellent for your trade and minimum 11k off. They’ll do it or keep shopping. That is my almost exact truck.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, doolin64 said:

I've been love with the 2019+ Trail Boss and AT4 models. Cooled seats make the AT4 overall winner. Stopped in at a local dealer and they had a beautiful Pacific Blue Metallic AT4 sitting there fresh off the truxk. It hadn't even been PDI'd yet.

MSRP on the truck with destination is $59,090. They're at $48,090. That's with a 3,000 dealer discount and 8,000 in rebates. This seems great to me. Curious what other feel? They're offering me a crap trade though and telling me the price includes the 2,000 "trade assistance".

I'm think trade assistance is a bogus thing. If I remove their 2,000 bonus, were $5k apart on the trade. I'm basing the trade on similar deal with a Ram dealer that offered me 5k more and there was 12k in rebates. I understand it's an apples to orange comparison.

I may just hold out and see how desperate they get over the coming weeks due to beer virus going around.

Also, looking at this sheet. What is the amount the red arrow is points at?1eb9d21092ab2a9d8f29d014e67affe4.jpgd7f406cca7dfd8aee54024cebad47b62.jpgbd62ea685d9bf2d749991de9d6f3f906.jpg

just sell your car outright, no trade.....CarMax and lot of other places will hand you check, idk for how much but wouldn't hurt to check.....or sell it privately and wait for price to drop on at4

9 hours ago, Michael621 said:

I just signed documents to trade in my 2019 Trail Boss. The truck listed at $68k and change, after discounts from GM and dealer, got it for $57k. Take delivery this week after ceramic coating is finished. Happy I was able to get out of the TB being a bit upside down, the discounts made it happen. Could I have done a little better? Probably, but I'm happy. :)

2020 AT4 Listing.png

wait you trading it in or buying?.....how much of hit?

was thinkin of selling my RST and stepping up to something different...

Edited by Dunn

37 minutes ago, Dunn said:

wait you trading it in or buying?.....how much of hit?

was thinkin of selling my RST and stepping up to something different...

Buying the AT4, trading in the Trail Boss. The hit on the TB was around 7k, so the discounts and sale price on the AT4 made it possible.

You need to separate the rebates from the selling price!  I just picked up a truck, and luckily had a friend in the business.  Their invoice price is shown there, 56,593.  An aggressive dealer will be well under invoice for sure (NOT using YOUR rebates!), and then they also have about 1700-1800 Holdback (money from GM to them), flooring credits, advertising $$, etc.  Get them to show you their selling price, and THEN add in YOUR rebates (and don't let them reduce their selling price using them)...and don't let them add in some you may not qualify for, because then they will yank them out at last minute and use against you.  If you are financing, they will also make $$ supplying your financing.  The dealer needs to make SOMETHING, but that amount is ultimately up to you if you shop around.  Between the holdback and invoice pricing, you should easily be able to get about $5k off the selling price, and then apply your rebates. 

Most important thing is to know the EXACT rebates you qualify for, you can look them up online.  And know the invoice pricing. 

And yes, this will be a BUYER"S market really fast!!  Have patience, you might want to wait until they start getting REALLY slow at the dealership...and I bet that GM will start some really aggressive deals soon, like they did after 9/11.  This is going to be a really big hit to the economy...

Hiley GMC in Fort Worth, TX now has the AT4 with the 6.2 and fully loaded (all options, nothing left) for $14k off. I got mine last month MSRP 65xxx for $12k off. 

Wow. I’m thinking we will start seeing more of this. That’s even a touch over 20% off I think. I’m curious to see if they do a big discount like that plus 0% next month [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now, the dealer called me and GM is doing zero for 84 months with a 3 month defferal.  I'd lose the 6500 rebate. 84 months and a deferral doesn't interest me.  If I could get the rebate and zero. But I won't spend 6500 in interest over the life of the loan.  So I'd rather the rebate.  

• Like 1