In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
unit

Problems With RealTruck.com

I ordered a Weigh Safe Hitch from realtruck.com on the Saturday after I bought my truck.  Afterwards, I realized that I really needed a weight distribution hitch and that the Weigh Safe wasn't weight distributing.  I called RealTruck the first thing Monday morning and ask them to cancel the order and the support person said she'd try.  Half an hour later, I received an email saying the order had already shipped and it was too late to cancel but to call when I received it and they would give me a return authorization to ship the hitch back to them.  I've been trying since it was received to get the return authorization with no luck. Ten days later I'm still get a runaround each time I call saying they're working on it but never any concrete action. I'm calling my credit card company this morning to involve them before 30 days has elapsed.

I did a google search for them and see that realtruck.com has many complaints and a very low satisfaction rating on the WEB. 

Just a heads up before  members here decide to do business with them.

Posted (edited)

I have bought two Tonneau covers from them, one just last week, and got good customer service.  They were johnny-on-the- spot on both transactions and gave me a very good price.  The last one was drop shipped from the factory and arrived with a cracked plastic fitting on the drain tube (not a big deal) but they immediately arranged with the factory to ship a replacement part at no charge no questions asked.  I am completely satisfied.  

Have you tried calling? 

Also, the world is falling apart, maybe they are short on staff.  

Edited by jjackkrash

I've called five times, I have a ticket number requesting the return and each time I call I get a "we're working on it" answer.  It's been 11 days and no headway has been made.  Does that sound like good service? I also have emails with the same runaround but no return authorization or  return label. I've never had a problem like this before with any other vendor - it's worrisome.