In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
firefighter907

OK GM, Fix the darn Bluetooth!!

This is pissing me off. I've never been able to get my contacts to load to my truck infotainment system. 2019 truck, 2019 phone... You would think it would not be rocket science. Flash forward to yesterday, so we have completed outfitting a new 2020 2500 diesel WT (with the plain jane WT radio). The chief said all the officers can pair their phones to the truck if they wish. What do you know? It takes just a few seconds to pair and completely download my contacts to this bare bones radio. WTF GM??? Issue an update or whatever to my radio so I can use my flipping phone!!!

image.png.33d7bfd4ec95a03bf49a1cc088312924.png

• Like 1

No issues connecting with my '19 RST.  Our dept. Just got a '20 Silverado SSV with no issues either. IDK what the problem could be.

No issues connecting my contacts from my iPhone to my 19 High Country, think it’s time for a dealer visit. 

I guess I should have mentioned I have a Samsung S10+. This is not an unheard of phone....

I have no issues with my 2019 Denali connecting to my iPhone 11 pro or my Samsung S10E. I agree it's time for a dealer visit.

Jay

Posted (edited)

Just throwing this out there, but have you made the truck forget the phone (your device) and make the phone forget the truck then try and repair your phone?  It has helped in some cases similar to yours.  Have you tried pairing another phone To your truck?

Edited by SILVER SLED

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

Just throwing this out there, but have you made the truck forget the phone (your device) and make the phone forget the truck then try and repair your phone?  It has helped in some cases similar to yours.  Have you tried pairing another phone To your truck?

I tried that when I first got the truck back in November. I'll give it another try tomorrow. I haven't tried pairing any other phones to the truck.

You need a new radio. 

That's the only fix I am aware of.

Called GM "Connection" hotline. Worse than useless, didn't know if there was an update or not even when offered VIN of my truck. Typical crap you hear from any call in help line. At least she didn't ask " Is the (insert name of tech object) plugged in?". I did do a forget and pair again on both the truck as well as the phone with no success. I'm not sure the local dealer is going to have a full service staff with all that is going on right now. I've lived with the limitation for 4 months, I guess another month or so isn't going to kill me.

Stay safe, stay away from crowds. Flatten the curve and stop hoarding TP!!

What software version are you running?

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

What software version are you running?

V807 Updated on Jan 24, 2020

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AndrewSmith21
      Please help I have been to the dealer multiple times in the past few weeks for my 2019 Chevy Colorado. They are struggling to fix this issue and no one really knows how to fix it. It keeps saying the SD card for Navigation has been removed when it hasn't been. I have an iPhone X latest update. The bluetooth comes and goes too when the navigation does. Bluetooth for phone calls will work but music won't play and I have even tried my moms older iPhone and it still does the same thing. The dealership has replaced the SD card, the whole front USB port, and the radio system unit. It still did it today and bluetooth music comes and goes like the SD card reader error for navigation. Any one else experiencing anything on any GM cars?? I also have the latest version of the infotainment system and I'm wondering if the update messed is messing it up like some kind of bug. 

• By SILVERADOinTEXAS
      Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. I joined just a few days ago and have been searching this forum for my answer but cannot find it. I tried to use the search feature but it doesn’t seem to work on my iphone.

I have been having problems with the infotainment system with my truck that i bought about a month ago. Its doing the thing were it will play bluetoothed music the same time as the radio. From what i have read is that there is a software update available that resolves the issue. My truck also has the “Advanced Trailering Package” and some of its features have been a little glitchy so i plan to take the truck to the dealer to have these updates done. But before i go i want to be ready with specific TSB numbers so they know i mean business and dont pass them off as normal. I would also just like to know in general were i can find a continually updating list of TSBs for our trucks. Can someone please point me in that direction? Thanks!
    • By Gcrew
      It’s been 3 month since I took delivery of my new 2019 Chevy Trail Boss and really hate that when I use the phone to call out the person on the other end can’t hear me.  This is the same whether the Apple iPhone is connected to car play or via Bluetooth. Also same problem when I initially called on star to set up service. They couldn’t hear me. First thought it was cell phone reception but was not the case. First time the dealer replaced the mic over the  drivers side but this didn’t fix the problem. Updated latest software updates and this too didn’t fix the problem. Took it back to Chevy dealer Monday they called today and said they can’t replicat the problem. So drove up from work in the loaner and replicated the problem. 

Same problem on iPhone or Android. 

Has as anyone else had this issue or has any tips to resolving the issue?

thanks 
    • By Shane Davison
      Having issues with booth the Carplay function and Buetooth software in 2016 Silverado Z71.  Started with the Carplay function no longer connecting. The carplay app no longer shows on the MyLink display screen nor does the vehicle mylink connection show on the iphone 8 plus device. The phone does an endless search for a vehicle with carplay..  Have tried new IOS USB cable and still no connection.  The voice activation feature works when connected but only for phone calls.  No other media or apps within the iphone show on the Mylink display screen.
      Then the automatic bluetooth concection stopped.  Once the bluetooth automatic connection stopped all music and other media source from the iphone stopped.. I can manually delete the bluetooth connection and manually connect each time i enter and start the vehicle.There is on iphone option as a media choice on the menu with in the MyLink system.  I have been to the dealer twice and they tell me its my iphone with out checking the mylink softwared or checking of updates.    
      I have reset and disconnected all mylink features and bluetooth connections in the Iphone. i have done a network reset on the iphone.  I have reset or rebooted everything I can with in the iphon except for a hard reset which will completely reset the iphone back to original settings.   I have been to the Apple store and had them double check if there is any issues with the Iphone.  All software is up to date there are no restrictions set on the iphone side.  
      I have searched the internet for nay issues with Iphone and MyLink software.   There have been some connectioning issues since the last IOS 12 update,  I have done everything suggested to resolve these issues to no avial. It has to be an issue with the MyLink software.

Was hoping someone has a solution or suggestion before returning to the dealership.  
    • By PaulDugas
      I connected my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 6) to my 2017 Sierra 1500 SLT without issues when I got the truck. Contacts sync'ed and other Bluetooth functions worked fine. A couple months ago, I factory-reset my phone. I deleted the phone on the truck's display an re-paired Bluetooth. Speakerphone and Bluetooth audio work fine but I noticed soon after that it would no longer let me use voice prompts to dial outbound calls via contact names. Turns out, the contacts won't sync. 

This worked fine before with the same truck and phone. The only thing that's changed is the phone is now encrypted and has separate personal and work profiles. That's the reason for resetting the phone - I connected it to my work account so it's now showing separate calendars, gmail, contacts, etc. 

I've re-paired the Bluetooth multiple times.  I've waited hours between deleting and reconnected a couple times. Every time I get the prompts on the phone allowing it to access contacts and such and approve them every time. I'm still not able to get my contacts from the phone. Curiously, I do get one contact that's me with my name and phone number but nothing else in it. I tried connecting my wife's phone to the truck and can't get her contacts either. Seems like something's confused in the truck's computer.

Dying for a fix here...