In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

tomthetrex

Bed Storage / M.A.P.S. Panel

Hello,

I know in the past I have seen a lot of people that were interested in the ability to carry their Hi-Jack Lift, shovels, or any other misc. items in their bed. I wanted to show you guys a system I came across and installed this weekend that works amazingly well. I installed a M.A.P.S. Panel by Vahalla Off-Road Research https://valhallaoffroad.com/maps.

The mounting brackets are added by the user and can be customized to hold whatever you need. You can buy Quick Grips clips to mount the items, or build your own custom brackets. 

It took me a while to find something that was customized for the 219 Silverados, and I could not be happier with this. The panel is well built and fits the truck perfectly.  The people on the website have been great to work with as well. 

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Like 3

That's a really nice option.  Thanks for posting your find.

I like how that keeps the tools up and out of the way.  Nice addition to your truck!

I wonder if there are any other setups similar in style for large long tool storage in the fender well?

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to come up with something like this to mount my high lift as well as my MaxTrax that'll keep them out of the way, but always there. Might have to consider picking this up! After our current pandemic passes anyway... Stay healthy!

11 minutes ago, MBPhotos said:

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to come up with something like this to mount my high lift as well as my MaxTrax that'll keep them out of the way, but always there. Might have to consider picking this up! After our current pandemic passes anyway... Stay healthy!

Yeah, I will probably pick up the passenger side once all of this passes. I would like to mount a gas canister, first aid kit, and some recovery items. Hopefully this passes soon. Stay safe and healthy as well!

I love this setup but I'm going to have to ask a stupid question, how do you use a high lift jack on these trucks unless you have aftermarket bumpers?

4 hours ago, J2Jones said:

I love this setup but I'm going to have to ask a stupid question, how do you use a high lift jack on these trucks unless you have aftermarket bumpers?

You can use a lift-mate and a jack stand. It’s just a strap with hooks that lift the vehicle from the wheel then secure it with the stand. 

The best way is to get some steel rock sliders and weld them to the frame that way you can jack the whole side of the vehicle up at once. 

13 minutes ago, Ryguy said:

The best way is to get some steel rock sliders and weld them to the frame that way you can jack the whole side of the vehicle up at once. 

I really wanted a legit set of rock sliders for my truck.  Had a set on an old Blazer ZR2 and they were stout.  

4 hours ago, Ryguy said:

You can use a lift-mate and a jack stand. It’s just a strap with hooks that lift the vehicle from the wheel then secure it with the stand. 

Thanks.  Going to look into the first option.

mine is coming friday!