In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Powered seat blown fuse - now dead

2 minutes ago, tiwillia said:

No, just that one piece. If you look under your seat, its a long metal rod that goes from one side of the seat to the other in the front. It holds on the plastic that keeps a lot of the wires from falling down or getting caught.

It also seems to provide rigidity to the seat. Its just got surface rust on it, doesn't seem to be an issue. GM painted every piece of metal under the seat except that one rod.

Good to know.

Reason I asked is because there have been a couple of post on here with members seats looking like they had been submerged in salt water, rust everywhere under the seat.

I live in Washington state, so there is a lot of humidity and moisture from the rain, but I have not noticed any rust on my frame or anywhere in the interior.

Doesn't seem to be a problem I'm having. Here is a picture I took of the bottom of the seat when I had it out and apart:

IMG_20200402_091352.thumb.jpg.93780ee012df82b45d18655e5172c80e.jpg

You can see the rod at the top right of the picture. Everything else looks fine. Thanks for the heads up!

Now that I'm taking a closer look at the picture I posted, I do see some possible problem areas in the middle of the picture, on the light metal bracket holding up the motor. Not sure at this point if thats rust under the paint or some nasty gunk the previous owner got under the seat.

21 hours ago, tiwillia said:

Now that I'm taking a closer look at the picture I posted, I do see some possible problem areas in the middle of the picture, on the light metal bracket holding up the motor. Not sure at this point if thats rust under the paint or some nasty gunk the previous owner got under the seat.

Let's hope it is just some hidden treasures form the prior owner....

I admire your courage to rip everything apart and being able to fix it, hopefully the problem is fixed for good.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By midwestdenaliguy
      I've always thought the rear headrests were awful short and stubby in my 2016 Sierra Denali Crew Cab. For adult passengers and my kids once they are tall enough, I wanted a better option. After digging around in here I noticed that in pics of double/extended cabs the rear headrests were different and looked taller than my crew cab headrests. There are a few options on ebay and I found rear headrests from a double cab that match my black leather interior. Thought I'd show comparison pics of the crew cab headrests vs the double/extended cab headrests. You get about an inch more of coverage, so nothing spectacular but it is more. Headrests in good shape ranged from $50-$200 in my ebay search, so it all depends on how much you want to pay for the additional head coverage. Next on the to do list will be to add notches down the steel leg mounts to have them stay higher than the factory notches. I did notice the double/extended cab headrests stay locked in position much better than the crew cab ones. Why? I have no idea, but the crew cab ones would fall down even when going over a slight bump in the road.

In the last pic I just slid the crew cab headrest legs behind the middle seat to have something there. It stays in position pretty good, won't be able to extend up but it doesn't move at all while driving.

• By Benz8985
      So, I want to know what it would take or if it can be done, switching some heated/ac seats out of a Cadillac Escalade Platinum model into my 2007 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT. Then also switching the control panel in the center console for it also. I just want to know if anyone has done this and if it can be added and done???
    • By cssll04
      Hey ya'll

I just upgraded and got a 2020 AT4 and want to protect those seats from damage due to having a car seat installed in the back.

Any recomendations on what I could put under the car seat to prevent the booster seat from creating a permanent indention?

I appreciate any opinions or experience!

• By evan4dice
      I replaced my seat vibrator actuator in my 14 half ton highcountry. It was the left side that needed replaced. After I replaced it it still was not working. I unplugged it and plugged it into the right side to see if it would work and it did telling me the wiring that you plug the actuator into is what is messed up. However, i dont see anywhere in the wiring of the left side (that the actuator plugs into) that is messed up. Has anyone experienced this issue? 
      Thanks
    • By Randyac1962
      Can I put a driver side power seat in.