In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Wanted to see what the front end geometry does if I decide to level the truck.  Stock has a pretty good rake and it takes 2.25" of front lift to level the truck.  I also looked at an intermediate level of 1 3/8".  Here's the pics:

Stock, 1 3/8" lift, 2.25" lift

140841-albums3520-picture20527.jpg
140841-albums3520-picture20528.jpg
140841-albums3520-picture20529.jpg

To my eye, level looks best.  But I would have to bag it for towing.  I'm ok with that.  

Now let's look at the front end to see if I can just crank the torsion keys to level it, or if I need more. (stock, 1 3/8", 2.25")

140841-albums3520-picture20533.jpg
140841-albums3520-picture20534.jpg
140841-albums3520-picture20535.jpg

Dang, anyone who just levels it with a new torsion key is really doggin' the UCA and the drive shaft.  If I went full level, I would do a diff drop and get new UCAs.

But I think that intermediate position @ 1 3/8" is OK.  It improves the look a bit, I shouldn't need bags for towing and the suspension bits look OK.  I have the torsion keys on the way so I think I will do just over an inch with them and check things out.  If I want to go full level, I will add the diff drop, new UCAs and bag the rear end (adding $800 to the bill).

Would appreciate any thoughts from the collective FR experience.  

Corn

You, sir, are correct. Your'e on the right track. Running skinny 35's with keys, diff drop, 5160's with shock spacer, BDS steering stabilizer, UCA's, rear bags, and a bumper that lets nothing touch. I added the ready Lift UCA's at the end, and they made all the difference in the world for ride. They freed up the front suspension movement, got the alighnment back on track. I get in and out of my truck like 50 times a day it seems, so I don't want a lift, just a little level, and I'm good. Hope you figure out what you want, these are great trucks.

IMG_0186.JPG

Well, I think I am going to lower the rear and throw bags on.   A lot simpler and cheaper.  If I don’t like it I can always raise the front. 

Posted (edited)

Rear shackles are in. That was easy.  Love it.  Now to put the air bags on and adjust the headlights.  It’s sitting perfectly level with the ground now. 

7FCF02C4-2636-4C6D-AA04-BBB7279E60A3.jpeg

Edited by Tom Hole

I liked your 1-3/8” look the best, personally. I’m going to do 1” at both ends with mine. How are you liking the Grabber ATX’s?

51 minutes ago, Icutmetl said:

I liked your 1-3/8” look the best, personally. I’m going to do 1” at both ends with mine. How are you liking the Grabber ATX’s?

The Grabber ATX's seem fine.  Like all things, the AT aspect is a trade off.  It feels like a truck.  It doesn't drive like it's on rails like our BMWs.  They aren't too noisy.  They'll work.  I think when these wear out I may look at 20" rims.

After driving it around for a while with the drop shackle level, I like the look of the front end lift much better.   But the rear end lower is more practical for me right now.  We are looking at 5th wheels and lowering the rear and adding bags provides better clearance.  And it sure is easier to get in the bed with it lowered.