Vortex 454/lq4 6000 swap

I have a 99 Chevrolet four-wheel drive with a blowed up 454 Vortec did I have removed and in place of I have a lq4 6.0 out of a 03 my question is how difficult is it going to be as far as changing it from the automatic transmission that it had to the 4,500 that I have as far as wiring any help would be grateful

Well ideally you'd have a M5 V8 harness to match but that doesn't always work out.

The automatic wiring may still be used for some parts but I'm not sure what you'll have to do to make the computer know how fast you are going.

I would have the PCM flashed with a 6.0/M5 calibration to make life easy. A GM tool is required for that. Then a custom tune will have to be done to make it work in a older chassis.

Don't forget about fuel requirements too. The LS computer needs 58psi of fuel pressure. So you'll need to see if your current truck was setup that was as well or if you will require a larger pump to supply more fuel.

Edited by CamGTP

• 1 month later...