not good news

looks like production line wont be on line anytime soon according to this article.   The governor of Ohio has all non essential companies under mandatory shutdown until 4-13-2020.  The health of our country has to come first.  Looks like at least another month delay to tack onto delivery time.  

GM Plants Unlikely To Resume Production On March 30 _ GM Authority.htm

15 minutes ago, XY74 said:

Wondering if they have stopped shipping the already built trucks.

I saw a load of new Silverados & Sierras the other day. Saw a load of new Fords too.

It's a mess guys.  SE Michigan is in very bad shape for the virus.  I would be surprised if flint is running full speed before May at this point.  Michigan has been on lock down since Monday.  Hopefully we see the cases reduce next week, but so far no progress.

I had a TPW of 4-20-20.  Understandably, there was no way that was going to happen.  The safety of the production workers is way more important than any truck.  That said, I decided I didn't want to wait on my order.  My Dealer worked with me and I ended up purchasing a 2020 2500 LTZ in Summit White.  Couldn't be happier with the truck.  The timing wasn't what I was expecting, but it is what it is.  If anyone wants a loaded LT in Silver Ice Metallic, I know where there will be one in a few months...I think.  Hope everyone stays healthy and safe. 

16 hours ago, Colossus said:

There was talk of exploring options to convert parts of vehicle assembly lines into medical equipment production to help with the virus situation. 

They're converting the electronics plant in Kokomo, Indiana. 

I got my DRW just before the s . . .  hit the fan.  I feel pretty fortunate in this regard as not that many shipped in the first place and I suspect those will be the last to ramp up when things get rolling again.  I just hope we can get clear of this mess in a reasonable amount of time with as few casualties as possible.