My feedback on the Silverado/Sierra 2.7L versus Ford F-150 2.7L

Hey guys. New member here and I just purchased a 2.7L Sierra 1500 Elevation. I traded in an F-150 2.7L V6 so I’ve got first hand experience with both motors. In the last three years I’ve also had the 3.5L Ecoboost, the 5.7 Tundra V8, and the 5.6 Titan V8 so I’ve got quite a bit of experience with a lot of the full size motors and I’ve got to tell you, the 4 cylinder 2.7 in the Sierra is amazing! I live at 6,600 feet altitude so my experience may vary slightly to someone at sea level, but the Sierra 2.7 is definitely faster up here than my Tundra or Titan. At 40mph and above the Ford engines feel a little stronger, but 0-40 they all feel really similar, which is to say that all the turbos are very fast. Time will tell on reliability, but I had 25K on the Ford 2.7 with zero issues and I’m hoping the Sierra 2.7 will be good to go. I think these small displacement engines are the future!

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you're liking it! I've got 1k miles on mine and I think it's great. Am I getting 35mpg? No. Am I getting, consistently 20-25% more than my 2017 5.3? Yep!

I'm also starting to dig the sound. The turbo whistle is pretty fun [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I bought my 19 Silverado in Oct 2019. I have 17,000 miles on it as I no longer ride my motorcycle. I didn’t realize just how much I was on the road until I didn’t use my Harley to go everywhere.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with my truck. Combined driving, I’m seeing 19-20 mpg consistently as I tend to spend much time driving in the city. In the city is where the truck makes its money in fuel economy. A V8 couldn’t get the same fuel economy in the city.

coming off my trusted 2003 Ram 1500, 4.7 that I had for 15 years, definitely an upgrade. This turbo 4 has more power and torque than my Ram.  It blows the fuel economy doors wide open in comparison. I hauled a mid sized sedan on an auto transport with my 2.7 and managed 13-14 in the interstate going 60-70 mph. My Ram got that without a payload on the highway. 

• Like 1