2020 AT4 6.2L 10spd fuel economy

On 4/1/2020 at 4:46 PM, joshuapchase said:

I sold my 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 with the 6.2... bought a 202 Silverado with the Duramax... NIGHT and DAY difference with fuel economy... don't miss the pig at all...

Exact same story here.

The 19 6.2 was worse than my 16.   All the fuel gimmickry is total BS

4 hours ago, steve841 said:

Exact same story here.

The 19 6.2 was worse than my 16.   All the fuel gimmickry is total BS

Pretty much the story with all newer trucks. My 2016 Ram 1500 did really good. Switched to a 2019 Ram and it was way worse. Switched to a 2019 AT4 3 months later as the ram was a piece of ****** and kept breaking. In the city the AT4 is worse on gas due to the beefy tires, lift kit and all that bs. But on the highway it seems to be better.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, steve841 said:

Well, only 104 miles on it.  But, I absolutely love it.   From my 6.2L to this is just awesome.  I hope there's no headaches. 

I used to get 17 mpg at best in "real" driving on the 6.2-usually closer to 15.  Now with the diesel, 25 mpg today all highway at 78 mph.  That's over 40% increase in mileage.  

Had diesel on my last two SUV's and loved the performance and especially the range.  This is my first truck so I jumped in with both feet and got the Denali 6.2.  It's a beast and I'm loving it. The days of the V8 are numbered.  Turbo 4's and 6's are the norm in all German fleets now.   Fuel prices are low now and not likely to skyrocket.  I'm ok with the reduced mpg.  What I'll really miss is the range especially since GM doesn't offer a extended range fuel tank.  

New AT4 that I just got a few days ago is averaging 18-19mpg right now. My commute to work is about 35 miles at 55mph the whole way. I took these pics today coming home

20200730_170816.thumb.jpg.7069db39aca9e92ea3fafe8a6adcf2b6.jpg
20200730_165725.thumb.jpg.5f7081e2210a21942692caa2cded75e9.jpg

The 6.2 does pretty good on the highway. It’s the stop-and-go of city driving that ruins it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

The 6.2 does pretty good on the highway. It’s the stop-and-go of city driving that ruins it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah i figured it was too good to be true...ill be lifting it before too long anyways so it won't matter much....i have my Honda accord for gas savings lol

2019 GMC Denali with 6.2. Stock except tonneau cover. Mixed city and highway over 1000 mile period = 17.5. Highway trips = 20.5. Pulling Polaris Ranger 1000 with full windshield on aluminum trailer = 10.5 - 13.0 depending on terrain. Very happy with my truck. Came from a F250 with Powerstroke 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 2020 AT4 6.2L  (with the off-road Duratrac tires and no tonneau cover) and I'm getting 14 L/100km (16.1 MPG) with a mix of driving types over 700kms.

The way I view it, I bought the 6.2L because I wanted the performance...you have to pay to play...

2020 Chevy TB w/ 6.2.  Hard folding cover.

Last month 16mpg over 700 miles.  Average speed 23 mpg.  85 trips.  This was from the chevy app.

On one trip last week I got the following:  127 miles and 21.7 mpg (computer) with a best 28.1 for a 25 mile section.  This was country roads with most of roads being traveled at 45-60 mph.  Some hills and sharp corners.  Had to slow down for a few small towns.  Had some stopping at stop signs and half way at our destination.  

My best 50 miles (same trip as above) is 25.6.

Edited by blckblt