In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Was just wondering if anyone has actually seen this light functioning? Not sure if mine is busted but I’ve never seen it turn on. 

D43DC349-D9ED-4216-8F93-4E9CCF883854.jpeg

I think its for the backup camera. Also probably why the backup camera is so dang bright in the dark. Lol

29 minutes ago, 19Sierra said:

I think its for the backup camera. Also probably why the backup camera is so dang bright in the dark. Lol

I put my truck in reverse and looked , it wasn’t on wonder if it only comes on in the dark.

I think it is a camera for seeing the hitch ball when hooking up a trailer 

53 minutes ago, Raybaby said:

I think it is a camera for seeing the hitch ball when hooking up a trailer 

Can’t you see that via the regular backup camera? I have no selection between the two

1. I think it only on the max towing package looks down at the hitch ball my is across the bottom of my information screen when it is in reverse 

There are two cameras on the tailgate one is your back up camera the other is your hitch view camera if you don't have that option then its just a dummy cover with no camera.

13 minutes ago, 07HD said:

There are two cameras on the tailgate one is your back up camera the other is your hitch view camera if you don't have that option then its just a dummy cover with no camera.

One camera, uses software toi change angle of view.

It's not a dummy.....it is an LED light and only illuminates when dark with the bed lighting when you use the dash switch......purpose is to light up the tailgate button release.

84FF578F-E0AB-4947-82AA-49E573E98C8C.thumb.png.d0dd92d28182ee8436bd6f93fb66bfa3.png

It comes on with the cargo lights and shines down on the hitch area for connecting/ disconnecting trailer.

15 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

84FF578F-E0AB-4947-82AA-49E573E98C8C.thumb.png.d0dd92d28182ee8436bd6f93fb66bfa3.png

It comes on with the cargo lights and shines down on the hitch area for connecting/ disconnecting trailer.

Hmmm I think mine might be broken, it does not come on with the rest of the cargo lights , looks like there is condensation buildup inside. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:35 PM, Thomcat said:

One camera, uses software toi change angle of view.

It's not a dummy.....it is an LED light and only illuminates when dark with the bed lighting when you use the dash switch......purpose is to light up the tailgate button release.

Sorry  guess I was the dummy I shouldn't listen to other peoples opinion instead of fact.