Can the BACKS of rear seats be unlocked & released?

GM-Trucks.com Members:

Can the BACKS of rear seats in a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab be unlocked & released?

If yes, how do you do it?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Edited by Say When
Typo

On my 2003 Silverado 2500HD the backs folded down making a completely flat platform for cargo, plus they were carpeted. My dogs have loved that cuz they didn't slip.  Wish the newer trucks had stayed with that design.  That said I love the storage lockers now in the rear seat backs and convenience storage bin under the rear seat. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

I modified my 15 so when u pick the seat up the back unhooks and both fold down..

If the operation of the seat is still the same it's very doable just don't have one here to do it to

When u tip the bottom up if the back slides upward then should be able to modify

If the back doesn't move then probably can't do anything

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I just did the mod to my 2017.  I had a 2003 as well and liked the fact the backs folded down. This mod creates more storage space behind the seat backs as well.  Found the hack in another thread on this site. Have to do a search to refind it.  Not sure if 2020s have same sliding seatback brackets as earlier models though.  Good luck.

The seat backs don't move up and a little forward when the seat bottoms are raised like they did in earlier models.  The backs are fixed in place.  You can raise the seat bottoms and see a little bit of room behind the seat backs but much of the available room is used for the storage pockets in the seat backs. The only way to know how much room is actually available it to remove the back seats and check it out.  There might be room for an amp but it will be close.  Even if the backs could be folded forward, the backs of the seats are not flat - the storage pockets protrude from the seat backs like small mountains.

Edited by unit