2020 Rear End Noise

Hearing low rumbling like noise from rear of pickup than increases to a rattle like noise over a bumpy uneven road surface. Only evident at lower speeds I suspect due to louder other vehicle and road noises as truck increases in speed.

Truck has less than 1000 miles and has pretty much been evident from the beginning. I have not alerted dealership yet. Coronoviruis has restricted options of getting truck in for service.

Checked under the rear of vehicle for anything than may be loose that could cause the noise but nothing was apparent. Thought it might be the tailgate that wasn't firmly latched but drove it with the tailgate down but noise persisted.

Any ideas what may be the source of the aggravating noise?

I'll check out exhaust related issues that may be he source of the noise. Thank you.

Unable to find a TSB on the 2020.  Maybe the previous year that is essentially the same as the 2020. Thank you.

The noise was a combination of the rear seat head rest on the drivers side and the jack under the back seat. 

Both were loose. The head rest was sorta sloppy where it fits on the back of the seat and the jack needed to be correctly positioned on the metal hold down bracket and firmly retightened. 

For now I’m leaving the headrest off. 

Hit the rear upright seat section with your hand, use some force, and you should be able to duplicate. I've been trying to track down something similar and all i can find is either the plastic chain that is connected to the sliding rear or the actual rear window itself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The noise was a combination of the rear seat head rest on the drivers side and the jack under the back seat. 
Both were loose. The head rest was sorta sloppy where it fits on the back of the seat and the jack needed to be correctly positioned on the metal hold down bracket and firmly retightened. 
For now I’m leaving the headrest off. 

How do you remove the rear headrest, if you don’t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At the base of each of the headrest posts on the back of the seat is a round plastic disc. 

Look carefully and you will see that there is a small section of each disc that can be pressed inward. 

Once pressed you will be able to removed the headrest by pulling upward. 

Volia!

At the base of each of the headrest posts on the back of the seat is a round plastic disc. 

Look carefully and you will see that there is a small section of each disc that can be pressed inward. 

Once pressed you will be able to removed the headrest by pulling upward. 

Volia!

Is it hidden? because I can almost swear the ones on the drivers side do not have any section that can be pressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The headrest noise has been common since 2019 models, most guys take the headrest out, and spread the bars apart a smidgen.  This kind of wedges them tighter when you insert them back in.  Found that worked for me.