2020 TrailBoss Clunking/Popping Noise

Hello all -

I currently have 600 miles on my TrailBoss LT and am exceedingly happy with it compared to my 2016 Z71.

There is only one issue I am having, and it’s an unsettling noise. So far the noise is not correlated to any drivability issues.

I noticed when driving (slowly) through a patch of grass and then more regularly as I backed into my driveway. It seems anytime the truck is on an uneven surface or flexed, it occurs whether in drive or reverse.

I can describe the noise as follows:

Bowling ball in bed

Clunking in rear end

Popping in rear end

I’ve come some searching on forums and I’ve seen some people say it could be leaf springs or loose spare tire.

Thoughts or similar issues?

90FB3E9F-933A-4DF4-94FD-6B5998D048CF.jpeg

Lazy dealer if they can't find it or aren't aware of it unless you're just wanting to have it ready ahead of time. That's what they get paid from GM for though not.much but if they were your dealer who sold it to you then they made money and should have to earn it.

IF you ever take something to a dealer and they say they can't find anything then try a 2nd dealer and if they say the same then go above them to GM as they have people on hand that figure this stuff out and also people to deal with customers to resolve issues as they want to know especially if there's a fix and the dealer is brushing it off then they have leverage on them and you as well.

600 miles and doing that already... Can't wait till the warranty runs out what'll happen.

They just don't make em like they use to but they sure act like the price reflects that they do but that's all CEO and union pay factored in to the truck.

I'd almost be willing to be they make them for less than $15-20k tops by the time they roll off the floor. That would include R&D on the high price end.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk