Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Covid19 Spare time


Recommended Posts

I bought a Toro Recycler, Personal Pace version with electric start about 10 years ago. I love that thing. Other than oil, blade sharpening and a spark plug occasionally, it's been a workhorse. The Personal pace feature is nice. I walk faster than my late wife did, but we both could use it.

 

I have no idea if they are still as good of a mower. I've seen where many mower manufacturers advertise never change the oil, just top off. I would be unable do that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A close friend sent me this yesterday:   HOPE... A different perspective on Corona.  1. There are no bombs raining on our heads. 2. I am not a prisoner held in solitary confin

Finally knocked out another project. When we bought the house, it only had the deck. You were trapped up there and had to go through the house to get out on the lower patio. I installed the landing an

I received my first vaccine last night which in itself is not newsworthy. However,  getting to this point is very big news.  Without considering the politics or supply issues, it is absolutely a hercu

Posted Images

9 hours ago, txab said:

I bought a Toro Recycler, Personal Pace version with electric start

Interesting, as this just came up for sale on our local used items for sale website!  Thanks for the recommendation.

99899124_614.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dad tells me that if you don't make a plan to put your feet on the floor the next morning.....you won't. 93 and he's still mowing, Putting up fences. Cutting down trees..... Working on cars.....Trucks and anything else someone will pay him to fix. 

 

I got off the lawn tractor a few years ago and indeed, self propelled walk behind. Still rope start. Meh! 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of my spare time has been spent in the garage working on various projects. Built an under seat storage box for my truck, a shop clock from a 24” cast iron gear, and I’m finishing up a 20 ton press. 

B7196A70-3969-4F53-A960-E14EAA0C8B99.jpeg

6F410F87-C876-4937-9EA8-34705205380C.jpeg

B788815A-06A3-48FC-8C06-60B7093F60D3.jpeg

C8389AB6-B3C2-4791-B415-F18FAD715AC6.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, HoosierZ said:

Most of my spare time has been spent in the garage working on various projects. Built an under seat storage box for my truck, a shop clock from a 24” cast iron gear, and I’m finishing up a 20 ton press. 

Beautiful work on the clock and the box!  The press is one of those things that are invaluable when the need arises. It could also earn you a few bucks as a side hustle or help out some friends! Nicely done!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Dad tells me that if you don't make a plan to put your feet on the floor the next morning.....you won't. 93 and he's still mowing,

I concur with your Dad and I plan to achieve his gold standard!   My wife says we can get a lot of professional lawn cuts for the price of a new lawn mower.  I said maybe it would  be cost effective over one or two seasons, but I could be doing this another 20+ years!   Our local news acknowledges birthdays over 90 and anniversaries over 60, every night, 7 days a week, There are always several of both to announce.   I plan to be one of them someday and know you've got to keep moving to get there!  Budgeting to live to 100 involves more than money!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I concur with your Dad and I plan to achieve his gold standard!   My wife says we can get a lot of professional lawn cuts for the price of a new lawn mower.  I said maybe it would  be cost effective over one or two seasons, but I could be doing this another 20+ years!   Our local news acknowledges birthdays over 90 and anniversaries over 60, every night, 7 days a week, There are always several of both to announce.   I plan to be one of them someday and know you've got to keep moving to get there!  Budgeting to live to 100 involves more than money!

My 90 year old father in law  just gave his mower to his just started this year’s lawn service. One of his stepsons is paying for as a birthday gift. He still works in the yard. Gets around very well. Another stepson pays for weekly house cleaning. I think it’s all by design. More people to check in on him. I’m doing things to make mowing easier as I get older. More access to the rider less push mowing. The lawn is not the easiest to get walking exercise getting older. Save the walking for the walking tracks. There’s 3 within 10 miles from me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.