I have a 2019 AT4 with the 6.2 and trying decide between the Corsa or Borla exhaust.  I've researched as much as I can but mainly found topics on the 2018 and below trucks.  I did a muffler swap and put a Magnaflow on there which sounds good but my brother just threw the Corsa sport exhaust on his RST Tahoe and it sounds awesome.  Just curious if anyone has put either of these exhausts on their trucks or have a preference.  I'm just wanting a deeper and more aggressive sound and cut some of the drone out.  Cheers

I have a 20 AT4 6.2L that I just did the Borla type S on and I love it.   Very aggressive cold start but mellows out nicely when the truck warms up.   I was really worried about the drone on the highway coming from a straight piped Duramax.  But at highway cruising speeds you can’t tell it’s not the factory exhaust so I am very happy with that.   When you hammer on it it wakes up and sounds like a drag car so it’s really the best of both worlds in my opinion.  The one thing I don’t like about it is cruising around say 50mph or less it sounds like crap when the DFM kicks in, not a fan of that but I’m sure all after market exhaust are going to have that problem. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:26 PM, TylerAt4 said:

I have a 20 AT4 6.2L that I just did the Borla type S on and I love it.   Very aggressive cold start but mellows out nicely when the truck warms up.   I was really worried about the drone on the highway coming from a straight piped Duramax.  But at highway cruising speeds you can’t tell it’s not the factory exhaust so I am very happy with that.   When you hammer on it it wakes up and sounds like a drag car so it’s really the best of both worlds in my opinion.  The one thing I don’t like about it is cruising around say 50mph or less it sounds like crap when the DFM kicks in, not a fan of that but I’m sure all after market exhaust are going to have that problem. 

Installed Borla type S on my 6.2L AT4 about a month or so ago and would agree with everything TylerAt4 says.  Cold start is louder than I expected but settles down fast and sounds glorious after that.  I do have a bit of the “helicopter” sound when DFM kicks in but it’s not bad IMO.  Much less noticeable than i expected.

Edited by J2Jones

Ditto on what they said about the type S. I love mine and don't regret it at all.   The cold starts are aggressive but quickly quiets down. I dont notice any drone at speeds but I do listen to podcast the entire time. 

I just installed the Corsa before the quarantine. I finally took a video of a cold start.
I like it a lot. However, it sounds like an explosion in the garage when it starts up early in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the Corsa sport on my 6.2 Denali and love it. 100% livable on the road (I used to drive a Mustang years ago that droned like crazy before I put a Borla catback on). I'm sure the Borla system is wonderful too, but I'm very happy with Corsa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Corsa on my '14 - same comments as above - the first cold start in the garage worried me about the volume.  It quickly settles down with the idle speed.  Zero drone, when the AFM kicked in, it did sound a bit odd (helicopter, Subaru, whatever) but when you were on it, it sounded SO great - in tunnels or next to a passenger side wall of a building was awesome too.  Highway cruising at 80, you'd never really know you had an exhaust with the windows up, but you're only turning 2000 rpms, too.  I ordered another Corsa for my '23 Sunday - impatiently waiting...

• Like 1