Jobs after covo-19

KARNUT

That's the thing with the emergency passes being used for all this stuff.  It means they are just shoved out before knowing how well they work.  Abbot responded with "we think they tested it wrong", but notably, what they didn't say was "our testing showed it was X% accurate over Y tests", or even "we'll work with them to determine what the problem is".

Right now, these companies could care less about quality, it's be first with the press release, then get the bazillion dollar order from the government, we'll fix it later.

Jees, I don’t know how many times can somebody fool themselves knowing that down the road things will blow up on them. China, The Mueller report, impeachment. It all comes out in the wash. People look pretty foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On Tucker a week or so ago, a doctor tested for the virus using a portable machine about the size of a shoe box and had results in 15 minutes.  At the time of the show there were about 10K machines nationwide and they were gearing up to produce many times that amount. 

All this will likely wind up like the up-armored humvees.  They weren't there when we needed them but industry responded and new vehicles arrived after the threat had been largely destroyed.  Now those MRAPs are being purchased for pennies on the dollar.  The media creates a need where none exists, like the ventilators.  

COVID-19 the Cliff Notes

A shepherd sees a wolf entering the sheep pen.

He shoots the wolf to prevent the sheep from being killed.

Because he kills the wolf, no sheep die.

The press says that because no sheep die the wolf was not a threat.

The shepherd is charged with murder.

:banghead:

That about sum it up?

:wtf:

• Like 1

The unemployed will return to work to earn a living.

The retired folks will continue with their lives.

The country will return to normal over time.

Now how many opinions and political posts can we put up here?

And how long before a religious post?

JUST SAYIN

:)

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

JUST SAYIN

:)

Tell me please. Who first spoke the "Golden Rule"? Do you consider it a good rule? 

What does it say on the back of this bill just above the word "ONE"? 

Really? Is that who people trust in? Really? 

$1 Federal Reserve notes

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

Are we forgetting that this country was founded for the purpose of RELIGIOUS freedoms denied in Europe? 

You want to trust in a creator, pray to him in times of war and woe or in a fox hole then disrespect him by treating him, or discussion of him as if he were the plague. 

Just Say'n

Edited by Grumpy Bear

JUST SAYIN

[emoji4]

I’m beginning to think quicker normalcies are possible. With increasing reports stating many more people had it without knowing it. It was stated within the last few days the bug effects older unhealthy people by a very large margin. People who are able to stay home. We are just now getting past the people who were affected before we knew of the bug or mitigation. Once people feel comfortable and more reports come to the forefront of just how many were really infected. The comfort level will increase.

23 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’m beginning to think quicker normalcies are possible. With increasing reports stating many more people had it without knowing it. It was stated within the last few days the bug effects older unhealthy people by a very large margin. People who are able to stay home. We are just now getting past the people who were affected before we knew of the bug or mitigation. Once people feel comfortable and more reports come to the forefront of just how many were really infected. The comfort level will increase.

22 hours ago, kwOH said:

Hopefully they will find a way to put nurses who want to be on the front lines there, and let the ones who shouldn’t, work behind the scenes or from home.

My wife works in dental hygiene, which is a high risk industry due to aerosol generation that already didn't have the proper equipment and PPE before this pandemic because dentists care more about their bottom line than about treating their employees properly.

Stan, you say people can choose to stay home after we open things up if they're "afraid". So my wife and I have to choose to either protect her health and the health of our unborn child or to lose half our income if everything here opens up in 2 weeks like they're currently planning? There's no way every dental clinic in the country is going to stop all aerosol-generating procedures (hint: that suction you spit into generates aerosols; should we go back to sinks on the side of the chair?), close off every operatory and install a negative air system throughout the building and they're certainly not going to do it in a week or two. 

If my wife quits or opts not to go back to work, she probably won't be eligible for EI. Even if she is, she probably won't be eligible for maternity leave. I mean, we're doing ok. We're not living beyond our means. But things may get a little tight. Our church and other charities will get less money. We won't eat out or spend as much at local businesses on luxuries. My wife will go insane with nothing to do before the baby is born and nowhere to safely go both before and after. And we're certainly not the only ones in this situation.

Like Marty says, we have a responsibility to take care of everyone in our society - to love our neighbours. The economy will recover after this is over. The dead will not. 

• Like 3

My wife works in dental hygiene, which is a high risk industry due to aerosol generation that already didn't have the proper equipment and PPE before this pandemic because dentists care more about their bottom line than about treating their employees properly.

Stan, you say people can choose to stay home after we open things up if they're "afraid". So my wife and I have to choose to either protect her health and the health of our unborn child or to lose half our income if everything here opens up in 2 weeks like they're currently planning? There's no way every dental clinic in the country is going to stop all aerosol-generating procedures (hint: that suction you spit into generates aerosols; should we go back to sinks on the side of the chair?), close off every operatory and install a negative air system throughout the building and they're certainly not going to do it in a week or two. 

If my wife quits or opts not to go back to work, she probably won't be eligible for EI. Even if she is, she probably won't be eligible for maternity leave. I mean, we're doing ok. We're not living beyond our means. But things may get a little tight. Our church and other charities will get less money. We won't eat out or spend as much at local businesses on luxuries. My wife will go insane with nothing to do before the baby is born and nowhere to safely go both before and after. And we're certainly not the only ones in this situation.

Like Marty says, we have a responsibility to take care of everyone in our society - to love our neighbours. The economy will recover after this is over. The dead will not. 

Life is full of choices. People should have the right to make them. When my wife and I were first married we choose for her to stay at home with the kids. After the last one started school she started working. At the same time I was starting a business with my family. That decision creates about 10 years of belt tighten. A 1100 sq ft two bedroom old house we bought with a leaky roof. Her car was basic transportation. We ask the kids when they grew up if they thought they missed anything. The answer was no. Knowing mom was going to be home was priceless to them. Once she started working of course the business started to thrive. Life changed. I don’t think it’s fair at this point to deprive people to earn a living. When people like me can stay at home are higher risk like me. I can stay home.

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Life is full of choices. People should have the right to make them. When my wife and I were first married we choose for her to stay at home with the kids. After the last one started school she started working. At the same time I was starting a business with my family. That decision creates about 10 years of belt tighten. A 1100 sq ft two bedroom old house we bought with a leaky roof. Her car was basic transportation. We ask the kids when they grew up if they thought they missed anything. The answer was no. Knowing mom was going to be home was priceless to them. Once she started working of course the business started to thrive. Life changed. I don’t think it’s fair at this point to deprive people to earn a living. When people like me can stay at home are higher risk like me. I can stay home.

It's important to us for someone to stay home with the kids when they're young so my wife will do that. However, it's also important to her to maintain her certification as a professional registered dental hygienist, which requires her to work about 600 hours a year, if I recall correctly. So there will be some balancing for the first few years. The job I'm in now is pretty flexible but who knows what they may move me to in the coming years.

My parents raised 3 boys on my dad's income alone. But their house cost $180k at a time when his salary was around $80k. Now my salary is $100k and there's not a house to be found around here that a family could live in for less than about $400k.

• Like 1

It's important to us for someone to stay home with the kids when they're young so my wife will do that. However, it's also important to her to maintain her certification as a professional registered dental hygienist, which requires her to work about 600 hours a year, if I recall correctly. So there will be some balancing for the first few years. The job I'm in now is pretty flexible but who knows what they may move me to in the coming years.

My parents raised 3 boys on my dad's income alone. But their house cost $180k at a time when his salary was around $80k. Now my salary is $100k and there's not a house to be found around here that a family could live in for less than about $400k.

A bit of advice, don’t tell anyone. We were faced with that in the 70s. High taxes, overpriced housing, unfriendly atmosphere. I had just bought a house. My father owned business, a few homes. It was a high stress environment. The great state of New Jersey. We collectively moved to Texas. We started over. It was a blessing. It took 15 years for my property taxes to equal what I paid in New Jersey in the 70s. My home and property would be worth several million in New Jersey. I paid 110K 20 years ago. It would have been 500K in New Jersey. I would advise moving if you can. There’s nice homes around me for under 200K. I bought a 2 story for my daughter 2 years ago for 149K.