'20 Silverado 1500 LT Duramax Build Thread

Finally able to have my local dealer install the GM 2" Trail Boss lift and very happy with the outcome.  I went back and forth between this one, RC 2" coil overs with 1 inch rear block, and RC 3.5" coil over lift.  My service manager (from the GMC dealer who doesn't have much of a dog in the fight) convinced me to stick with the GM lift which was ultimately the deciding factor.  That and the fact that I don't need to be in a hurry for new wheels and tires due to looking silly with a big lift and tiny tires.  

I have put approximately 150 miles on the truck since the install and it rides great.  Noticeably different from stock though - even with the Z71 package.  And I am still averaging 23 MPG which seems to be improving as I break the engine in a bit. 

GM 2inch lift 1.jpg

GM 2inch lift 2.jpg

Looks great man, perfect stance.  I like a little bit of rake, I'm still waiting for Bilstein 5100s to be released for our truck, so I can do my front lift.  I'm only planning to do 1-1.5" lift on mine with a 1" rear block.

Edited by pewterliftedz

Thank you. I am really happy with the way it turned out. It's now onto the next few mods. 

...and don't rule out the 2" coil over lift if you're planning to add a rear block anyways. If I am not mistaken, most with the 2" RC say that it settles to around 1.5-1.75" which is what you're looking for. 

On 5/4/2020 at 9:33 PM, Keinsi said:

Thank you. I am really happy with the way it turned out. It's now onto the next few mods. 

...and don't rule out the 2" coil over lift if you're planning to add a rear block anyways. If I am not mistaken, most with the 2" RC say that it settles to around 1.5-1.75" which is what you're looking for. 

Yah because I'm sticking with the 32" tire, I don't want to go too tall.  They're 275/55r20, which are the same height and width as your current tires.