2020 Silverado / Sierra 4 Piston Caliper swap complete! 2006 Silverado Z71

So what is the long-term review of this update.  I am restoring my 2004 GMC Sierra Ext Cab and doing a 6.0 engine/4L80e trans swap and hydro-boost brake upgrade from vacuum boost and then I saw this...I have 22" LTZ wheels so I am thinking I will have room.

Thanks!
Joe  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just did this swap on 2005 GMC sierra 4x4. Having issues with shuddering while braking at high speeds. After driving on the highway for a while I will go to step on the brakes, the brakes shudder and the steering wheel will violently shake. All air is bled from brakes and tires are balanced. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, kulieboy said:

Sounds like warp rotors, did you put the washer in-between the caliper and the mounting bracket /wholes

I did use washers. I cant remember exactly how thick they were but after bolting everything up the difference between the two sides was about 1mm. From what I have read it is very difficult to get them exactly centered. The issue only happens ever so often. Was thinking it could possibly be an issue with my master cylinder. I have the disk/drum brakes with a vacuum booster. The 4 piston calipers do take a lot more force to stop than the 2 pistons. I am wondering if a hydroboost conversion may help this issue. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 7:50 AM, tlaw91 said:

Metro Atlanta
$500 for a set pads rotors calipers whole deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just joined to see if I can get some info. I'd like to pick up a complete set of fronts for my GMT900 (2009 Tahoe Z71 with some fuel 18" zero-ish offset wheels).

How are people liking this setup so far? Is the pedal feel any better? My biggest issue is the pedal feel isn't there compared to modern systems. 

Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

AlljackedupZ71,

Nice pics and write up. How has it held up? I am considering this for my 2001 Silverado along with upgrading the rears to the Suburban 2 caliper pistons and rotors. Have you noticed any extra pedal travel or softness? I am concerned adding all the extra calipers will make my master cylinder ineffective. I also plan to change to Stainless brake lines which should help save some fluid pressure.

Has anybody done this to a 2001 Z71? How were clearances? I have 18" rims from 2019 Sierra AT4.

Thanks!