Looking at a 2016 6.0, What to Worry About or Check?

I've owned two 2500's with the 6.0 starting back in 06 - ran my first one for 10 years before rusting to the point of trading in for a 16 - never had any issues other than normal wear items ( ball joints ) and I think that's only because I have had plows on both trucks

• 1 month later...

Working a deal now on what might be THE truck... 2016 LT 6.0 Crew Cab w/ 48,800 miles.  The truck idles nice, drives straight, stops straight, doesn't shake or shimmy up to 82 mph on the highway, I didn't push any faster....  It has had a recent oil change (based on the oil life 87%) and had not been through the dealers shop, so I believe it has been taken care of.  It does need new tires as it appears to have the original Michelin's on it still.  

We haven't reached a final deal as I am waiting for a call back after it clears the shop.  Anybody have any last minute concerns for me??? Trucks are super hard to find up our way and I believe this may be a good one.   

Edited by edgexcsp

Ive got around same miles on my truck.  Ive done the diff service, trans and transfer case. Just beacuse i tow alot.  check for cab light, xm ant leak on roof.  Also check rear third brake light leak.  They can leak water in car.  Other than that keep it serviced and greased and it will be good.  Motor it strong. trans is pretty tough.  No matter what brand truck you buy, they are all going to break at some piont.  

15 hours ago, sillywillie07 said:

Ive got around same miles on my truck.  Ive done the diff service, trans and transfer case. Just beacuse i tow alot.  check for cab light, xm ant leak on roof.  Also check rear third brake light leak.  They can leak water in car.  Other than that keep it serviced and greased and it will be good.  Motor it strong. trans is pretty tough.  No matter what brand truck you buy, they are all going to break at some piont.  

No evidence of a roof leak but I will keep an eye out for it.  I was really hoping to get into a new truck but w/o a trade in it is a pretty steep payment every month, I love a new truck but not that much...  I figure I buy a used one and drive it 3 or 4 years and it will still be worth 15 to 20 on trade...