In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I just watched a couple of YouTubes on these. There are a couple different brands but one thing that stuck out was they said that if you remote start your vehicle it might disconnect.  I am very interested in this so I can add in the wireless charging and not have any plugs showing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that sucks because mines on it’s way from China now.  I’ll post if it happens to work well

Not to change the thread but can anyone get me to a link for adding Qi wireless phone charger for 2016 sil with split bench seats  truck didn’t come with one, just need info as to options. Thanks

I got my Carplay2air a few weeks ago and has been flawless in my 2020. I didn’t update it to the newest version as it works perfect and don’t want to chance the update screwing it up. It connects ever

I got my Carplay2air a few weeks ago and has been flawless in my 2020. I didn’t update it to the newest version as it works perfect and don’t want to chance the update screwing it up. It connects every time but takes about 10-20 seconds

• Like 1

I'm getting a replacement for mine, no lights on it.  Hopefully when I get the new one, it will finally work as expected.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, mx_master said:

I got my Carplay2air a few weeks ago and has been flawless in my 2020. I didn’t update it to the newest version as it works perfect and don’t want to chance the update screwing it up. It connects every time but takes about 10-20 seconds

Any tips to getting it to work? They told me to make sure my phone and truck isn’t connected to any WiFi’s and a few other steps but nothing works, I can see it’s doing something but not what it’s supposed to do for sure.

27 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Any tips to getting it to work? They told me to make sure my phone and truck isn’t connected to any WiFi’s and a few other steps but nothing works, I can see it’s doing something but not what it’s supposed to do for sure.

Hmm the only thing I did was I NEVER updated. So right out of the box this is what I did I started my truck went into the Bluetooth settings to forget my phone. Shut the truck off then started again and plugged the dongle into the usb inside my center console. Then searched for Bluetooth on my phone and connected to the dongle and waited a little while for it to connect then made sure it worked. Then searched for updates to see if it was the latest version it isn’t so I NEVER updates as I wasn’t sure if it’s the new update messing other people’s dongle from working. 

Edited by mx_master
23 minutes ago, Tyler1199 said:

Got mine- usually works. I did update mine. My doesn’t always connect but when it does it works pretty good. 

Yeah mine is still pretty new so far out of 30-40 times I jumped in the truck to go for a drive it has connected every time. I don’t think I’ll do any updates unless it stops working. I have heard of people’s going to crap after a month or two so time will tell. 

Edited by mx_master
Yeah mine is still pretty new so far out of 30-40 times I jumped in the truck to go for a drive it has connected every time. I don’t think I’ll do any updates unless it stops working. I have heard of people’s going to crap after a month or two so time will tell. 

Mines new as well- mine will say connect a compatible phone. Sometimes it will register when I start driving. Mine usually takes 2-3 minutes after starting before it’s up and going. It’s a decent piece. Hoping that 2021 GM option for the wireless CarPlay will be able to be retrofitted into my 20’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 minutes ago, Tyler1199 said:

Mines new as well- mine will say connect a compatible phone. Sometimes it will register when I start driving. Mine usually takes 2-3 minutes after starting before it’s up and going. It’s a decent piece. Hoping that 2021 GM option for the wireless CarPlay will be able to be retrofitted into my 20’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mine has done that a few times as well but will always connect. Yep I’m also waiting for the 2021 retro idea I looked that up first to see if the new 2021Tahoe would work but no one has done it yet so I’ll go with this dongle for now till we can retro fit the 2021 modules in.