Blackvue or any Dashcam hardwired on GMC sierra 1500 AT4

Ok great so this confirms there must be something wrong with my fuse box since I cannot find a single hot fuse.  I’m grounding my test pen correctly to the frame of the truck.

weird home the internal components are working though.. unless the passenger side is a redundant side and they are being powered by another fuse

I have this posted on another thread so I'll keep it short and sweet.  It's working as even though there is NO voltage going to my pen tester whether truck is on/off, I still hardwired the BATT and ACC cables as another user suggested and the ground wire to the frame.  Turned the truck on and it worked!

I still used a pen voltage tester and still did not illuminate!!!... but again, the drivers side fuse box does illuminate (so it's not my tool)

Anyway it's working now, I'm just inquiring with another user what they use for LTE so the dashcam is constantly connected to the cloud even when truck is off so it can send parking alerts etc.

Thanks for your help bud

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...