In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

16 minutes ago, Jefez71 said:

Tomthetrex mentioned it on December 9. Idk how to quote an additional quote lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think it's specifically for TB/AT4.  It's just an updated 2.0 version of what you installed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got it done. Way happier. Front struts on the second from the bottom; 2" rear block with shock extensions.    17x8.5 wheels 285/75 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT    

Just had my Eibach kit installed today. Running Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/55R20 on stocks wheels. First impression is a good one... handles bumps very well but need to drive more and break them in to

Got the kit installed today. I opted for the 1.9” lift setting (2nd clip from the bottom). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted Images

Well that makes me feel better about my situation. Was doing some research and looks like the Bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable struts and shocks would be compatible with these springs. Considering the Bilstein struts use the stock springs and stock assemblies there shouldn't be any fitment issues come time to replace the shocks and struts. So when you're looking at the parts list it's as follows:

-Eibach springs
-Bilstein 5100 RHA front struts (trail boss only)
-Bilstein 5100 rear shocks (trail boss only)
-Stock front strut assemblies

I think that's a decent "Frankenstein" level that will also improve the spring rate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

ive always stated you could probably use eibach spring with just about any shock aside from 2.5 or bigger....as long as it fits the housing and bilstein uses stock housing componets....

is anyone using this for Sierra?.....just spoke to Eibach and no Sierra is offered even though its same truck....they said they need a 21 sierra for measurements and to email the engineer so i did, i live close to Eibach and they will  possibly use my truck to get a kit from them...

the issue with Z71 ranchos is soft compression and no rebound dampening whatsoever.....it just keeps pogoing down the road long after the bump....that is rebound....also when you run down a washboard road with a soft shock it will ride in harsher part of travel (mid travel) and kick when it cant absorb multiple hits ....basically the rancho isnt good for anything cept for DD.....just not valved for what GM says or markets them to be.....TB rancho ive heard is alot better but twin tubes are horrible and i now have them again for second time, lol.....but shocks are easy 2 speed transfer case i'snt so easy so its worth the money and just change the

shocks.....when you jump up in diameter and volume you have much much available dampening to absorb the force....the bigger piston/shaft can resist more and alot more oil volume which reduces heat.......its actually pretty simple the way shocks work and makes total sense

like people said there just isnt any dampening really at all in ranchos and its a cheap shock retail wise so cant expect much from a $50 shock......especially if your adding 40-60lbs a corner with bigger heavier tires and alot more rotating mass and unsprung weight.....taxes the suspension that much more

Edited by Dunn

I will get a set of something nice eventually and there is a dude in LA selling his Icons slightly used with UCAs  but he wants too much (almost MSRP)....

if Eibach emails me back and needs a truck for measurement, afree set out of deal that would work .....all these companies are like in 20 mile radius of one another funny enough

Just bought this kit for my 19 LT Z71. I noticed quite a few posts mentioned 2in blocks in back in addition to kit.

Just wanted a bit more clarification on this, and what block did you use?

I'm assuming 33s won't be an issue after installing

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, you will need a 2" block in the rear to maintain proper rake if your using the kit to actually lift your vehicle as well (which is what its designed for).  The kit is superior to the stock ranchos for DD'ers and those looking for a much more "planted" feel as so many on here seem to describe them.  Its shocks are a definite upgrade and the springs are an added bonus.

Edited by Gangly
3 hours ago, EagleRising said:

Just bought this kit for my 19 LT Z71. I noticed quite a few posts mentioned 2in blocks in back in addition to kit.

Just wanted a bit more clarification on this, and what block did you use?

I'm assuming 33s won't be an issue after installing

Thanks

33's weren't an issue before the lift so they wont be after either, and I used the RC 2" blocks.

AT4's.jpg

Thanks for the advice, so 2in block it is. I definitely want to most bang for the buck. I'm glad I waited and didn't install lower mount level kit.

Those rims look sharp, I have same color. I have to boring silver wheels

7 hours ago, EagleRising said:

Thanks for the advice, so 2in block it is. I definitely want to most bang for the buck. I'm glad I waited and didn't install lower mount level kit.

Those rims look sharp, I have same color. I have to boring silver wheels

The Eibach system is probably the most bang for the buck of any system out there, I don't think you can go wrong with it.  Take your time on the install and you can knock it out in a few hours easily, and the on road riding characteristics will be night and day compared to stock, especially with the addition of the Eibach springs.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm happy with the look.  I got a great deal from an AT4 owner who took them off his truck to replace them with something substantially larger.  $800 for wheels and brand new Duratrac tires that still had the rubber tags on them......SCORE!

Digging through multiple threads trying to find someone running this kit with the 3.0l duramax. Has anyone done this? I'm wanting to also run the 33x12.5 Toyo RTs after the eibach kit has been installed. Any response is greatly appreciated. 

Digging through multiple threads trying to find someone running this kit with the 3.0l duramax. Has anyone done this? I'm wanting to also run the 33x12.5 Toyo RTs after the eibach kit has been installed. Any response is greatly appreciated. 
The 3.0L Duramax weighs approximately 150 pounds more than the regular v8. You'll be fine with the eibach springs considering the spring compression rate is better than the stock ones and can withstand heavier than stock loads which is the main reason most people get them for.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I will add that most of us are running them at the second from the bottom setting (1.9” lift according to eibach). Should you find that you need more to get your truck level, you can always use a higher setting to compensate for the added weight of the Diesel engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro