Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, migrabill said:

I'm a vinyl record guy myself.

To take this thread way off course, love vinyl.

 

Started my collection in my 20's back in eighties, and now adding to it in my 50's with the awesome 180 gram pressings!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To take this thread way off course, love vinyl.
 
Started my collection in my 20's back in eighties, and now adding to it in my 50's with the awesome 180 gram pressings!!!

I started in the 60s stopped in the 80s. I generally only listen to those at home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Amazon: CD611

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KARNUT said:


I started in the 60s stopped in the 80s. I generally only listen to those at home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No turntable in the Avalanche?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, migrabill said:

I totally agree. I'm a vinyl record guy myself. But the point is state of the art designers and engineers are not going to put a CD player in a new truck. Just like they wont put in a cassette player or 8 track tape player. You have to go aftermarket like the suggestions say

I agree with your point too. I was responding to the comments that said the only option was to download it on to a USB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No turntable in the Avalanche?

It’s go a CD player though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is funny is my 2002 Silverado had a cassette player down in the center console.  I took it out for a storage box there.  I still have it and the factory radio which has a CD player in it.  I just like my Alpine head unit better than the factory system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:


It’s go a CD player though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 18 has one too, have it used it few times.

 

Use my iPod for long trips, never have tried any other media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My 18 has one too, have it used it few times.
 
Use my iPod for long trips, never have tried any other media.

I have two I’ve transferred 7,000 songs to them. Backed up on mp3 CDs. I’m a music nut too. I’ve found I listen mostly to pandora now. When I’m not listening to talk radio. I have every McCartney album except the new one. Most Led Zeppelin, the Cars, Queen, Clapton, Bee Gees, Prince, Elton John so on. I use to belong to record clubs, remember those? I don’t listen to regular radio anymore. If I did it would be country. The closest to the music I listen to. The last few vehicles I’ve owned I never tried the CD player. My Avalanche I have a blue tooth speaker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KARNUT said:


I have two I’ve transferred 7,000 songs to them. Backed up on mp3 CDs. I’m a music nut too. I’ve found I listen mostly to pandora now. When I’m not listening to talk radio. I have every McCartney album except the new one. Most Led Zeppelin, the Cars, Queen, Clapton, Bee Gees, Prince, Elton John so on. I use to belong to record clubs, remember those? I don’t listen to regular radio anymore. If I did it would be country. The closest to the music I listen to. The last few vehicles I’ve owned I never tried the CD player. My Avalanche I have a blue tooth speaker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea, bunch of stuff for a penny, then one item the rest of your life each month at normal price, with a $35.00 S&H fee.

What a great deal, always heard they were generic pressings, not as good sound quality, never could tell the difference.

 

See the source image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you really need to go CDs, you could go a little old school.

For a while add on CD Changers that worked through your FM had some popularity.

I had a Kenwood, Pioneer, and JVC at different times.

You put 6-12 CDs in a changeable cartridge.

 

I actually bought a used JVC setup several years ago that I never installed.

Was going to using it on an older car that I wanted to look original.

Still have it, if you were close by, I would just give it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like the replies you are going to get will be more useless than the one from the manufacture and dealers......
There aren't a whole lot of options. He can either buy an external cd player and plug it in with an aux cable or something or he can transfer to a usb or flash drive or phone, that's really it.

Personally, the best option, in my opinion would be to either transfer to a phone or a larger flash drive. When you rip your cds on to a computer most programs will have settings to keep the larger sound files for better quality rather than compressing to a smaller file. If you have a good sized flash drive you can keep the cd quality sound and store a lot of your cds in a much more convenient package.

But yeah, cds are basically antiquated these days, haven't seen any new model vehicles with them as even an option anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

There aren't a whole lot of options. He can either buy an external cd player and plug it in with an aux cable or something or he can transfer to a usb or flash drive or phone, that's really it.

Personally, the best option, in my opinion would be to either transfer to a phone or a larger flash drive. When you rip your cds on to a computer most programs will have settings to keep the larger sound files for better quality rather than compressing to a smaller file. If you have a good sized flash drive you can keep the cd quality sound and store a lot of your cds in a much more convenient package.

But yeah, cds are basically antiquated these days, haven't seen any new model vehicles with them as even an option anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

I agree completely with your statement.

 

And yours is a good reply, giving options, which he asked for, and personal opinions on what is readily available and works well for you.

 

The reason we have so many one post and done, is everyone attacks them like they are idiots, and what they say is the law of the land, that is where my comment came from, kind of a defense of the OP.

 

Which, I do not think has replied back, can't really blame him with reception he received. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.