04 Yukon XL 2500 Trailer Lights

gilberto814

Question

Good Morning,

I have searched all over the internet and through books trying to find an answer. All my lights work on the truck itself. I have the issue of my right stop and turn signal will not come through my trailer harness socket. I have a new socket, still not working. I have taken plug off of socket tested with a meter and I have all other function, except right side stop and turn. I found the control/connection/relay board on the passenger side quarter panel and tried putting a new one in no luck. 

I am looking for a wiring schematic so I know what wires from the right tail light go to the harness to the trailer socket so I can try to trace back the break or whatever is causing the issue. I also am wondering if I can just change the trailer wiring harness to the socket, but if I have a bad wire that is no a fix.

If someone could send me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to take it in as that would end up being tremendous money, but I might have too. 

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

5 answers to this question

^^^ Stole my thunder. Was just going to mention this.

My '07 has separate left and right fuses for the running lights. When I blew one of them years back, that whole right side of the truck and trailer was dark. That was fun trying to troubleshoot on the side of I-95 in VA in the dark. Found a shorted wire on the trailer that took out the fuse.

EDIT - that year should have 2 fuses labeled RT TRLR ST/TRN, and LT (with same letters following) - right and left trailer stop / turn.

Edited by Jsdirt

Thank you guys! I guess it never accrued to me that there where two separate set of fuses. I will have to check that tonight!!! If that works or doesn’t work, either way I’ll let you know! 

thanks again for the help

• Like 1

I found the fuse and replaced it and I have power on that terminal now. The only thing I am noticing is that the trail maker lights do not have power. I found that there is a 10 amp fuse under the hood that I want to check and see if its blown. I think the person before that I bought my utility trailer had some shorts and grounds. I had to rewire the whole thing.  I thank you for the advice and you have all saved my alot of time and money that I was going to dump into this. 

I shouldn't of been stupid and thought, check the fuses.....

Thank you all again, have a great weekend....

PS.. I wanted to add this in case someone else searches for Trailer Light Issues

Credit: Etrailer Website

2112352224_trailerfuse.thumb.PNG.09e95b7284d7a299fbe6b766dc236cca.PNG

Edited by gilberto814
  • Thanks 1

It happens. I've been working on engines of all kinds since I was a kid, and every so often I still try starting one with no gas in it! ? There was only one perfect man that walked this Earth, and most of us will celebrate His birthday in about 7 months.?

My '07 has left and right fuses for the running, or "park" lamps. Shorts in the trailer usually cause people all kinds of problems. Common issue.

Thanks for the diagram. If more people did this, the internet would be much easier for DIY guys to find information! Wish eTrailer would have included the map for the fuses, but at least they described which are for the trailer. 

Glad you got it figured out, Jeremie. ?

Edited by Jsdirt