Wanting my first lift can’t decide what one to get 4” or 6” and brand

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD, sponsored by Flog industries. However I want a more aggressive stance while maintaining comfort and everyday drivability. 

My budget is $2200-3200.

I honestly don’t know what route to take. 

I’m on stock height now with 32” tires and 18” wheels.

ideally would love to go to 20” and bigger wheels if possible. I want to keep this truck for a while. I don’t do a lot of off Roading, rarely. 

What should I go 4” or 6” and what brand Cognito, fab tech, bds, any help for me being a newbie to the truck scenes would be appreciated!

If this a full size truck, and your wanting to go to 20 inch rims, then a 6 inch lift is only way your going to go. I recommend  you re evaluate your budget, even at 3200 your not going to get a very good lift and it will only pay for the lift. A good ride and lift, your looking anywhere between 5 and 12000 dollars, just depending on how elaberate you want to go. 

A BDS lift kit for 6" w shocks and everything is top of the line and they tend to start around 7 grand with rims and tires your at the 12000 mark. I have a 2016 crew cab Duamax, with a pro comp lift. I have 20" XD's with 38's on them and it handles and runs great as a daily and has the fortitute to go out in the woods hunting etc. My kit was 5000, with rims and tires, it was around 7500.

Now you can go cheap and buy a rough country, or their are some trailmaster kits still out there (They went out of business), but those kits are lousy on Chevys and GMCs. Very rough riding, not well off road. I had trailmaster 6" on a crew cab 2011 Chevy, broke twice and sheared my tire. Rough countrys are more for Ford n Jeep.  I highly recommend having a Pro Comp 6 inch lift installed, get the full kit to with shocks. Dont do the air shocks, those are for pretty boys who wear loafers in a truck..