2021 Tahoe, Yukon, & Escalade

• 2 weeks later...
Depends where  you're coming from, my wife has a 2010 Suburban LT with 160k miles on it.   

The new Suburbans and Yukon XLs look like a significant upgrade for us.

Coming out of a 2010, I bet anything would feel like an upgrade, but if you are coming out of a 15-20, the Tahoe is just a facelift, the Yukon is a facelift with pointless “new tech” added to old tech, only thing they have going for them is size, but the whole platform is bigger, so thats no amazing feature there. The escalade is the only real “NEXT GEN” vehicle.

de6f64937f7009a03401709d5604d898.jpg

9 hours ago, kwOH said:

Coming out of a 2010, I bet anything would feel like an upgrade, but if you are coming out of a 15-20, the Tahoe is just a facelift, the Yukon is a facelift with pointless “new tech” added to old tech, only thing they have going for them is size, but the whole platform is bigger, so thats no amazing feature there. The escalade is the only real “NEXT GEN” vehicle.

de6f64937f7009a03401709d5604d898.jpg

I mean, underneath they all share the same frame, drivetrain, engines, etc? So why is the Escalade next-gen while the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban not?

Are you referring strictly to the interior?

9 hours ago, kwOH said:

Im referring to the fact that this is supposed to be a new generation of SUV, and basically from what I see, its the same body put on a different platform, with a facelift, the only thing they “changed” IS the interior, and they didn’t even improve it, just moved things around and added pointless stuff.

If 2 people buy a 2021, the first person buys an Escalade, they get a 38 inch screen in the dash, second person buys a Tahoe, and they get the same cluster from 2015. Why upgrade?

Look at the advancement from the nnbs to the k2, feels like you just went lightyears into the future, thats what a “Next Generation” is supposed to be like, or else its just a makeover, like when they went from the 14-15 to 16-18 Silverado.

6 minutes ago, kwOH said:

Im referring to the fact that this is supposed to be a new generation of SUV, and basically from what I see, its the same body put on a different platform, with a facelift, the only thing they “changed” IS the interior, and they didn’t even improve it, just moved things around and added pointless stuff.

If 2 people buy a 2021, the first person buys an Escalade, they get a 38 inch screen in the dash, second person buys a Tahoe, and they get the same cluster from 2015. Why upgrade?

Look at the advancement from the nnbs to the k2, feels like you just went lightyears into the future, thats what a “Next Generation” is supposed to be like, or else its just a makeover, like when they went from the 14-15 to 16-18 Silverado.

I see where you're coming from, but to me the fact that they went IRS and offer the Diesel engine and the 6.2L on more trim lines is pretty nice. The interior space is a big improvement as well, and I don't see "pointless stuff" added to the interior really on the 2021 models personally. 

The Escalade definitely looks nice. That 38" screen dash is sweet. I think the interior of the Denali is almost as nice and looks really great, especially in the tan color

• Like 1

I see where you're coming from, but to me the fact that they went IRS and offer the Diesel engine and the 6.2L on more trim lines is pretty nice. The interior space is a big improvement as well, and I don't see "pointless stuff" added to the interior really on the 2021 models personally. 

The Escalade definitely looks nice. That 38" screen dash is sweet. I think the interior of the Denali is almost as nice and looks really great, especially in the tan color

The “pointless stuff” is that weird sticking up screen, that looks like an old ass BMW, or that push button gear selector in the Yukon, that means nothing because its paired with old tech.

I just couldn’t see a lot of people saying “Ill take a huge depreciation hit on my 2020 for that!”

5 minutes ago, kwOH said:

The “pointless stuff” is that weird sticking up screen, that looks like an old ass BMW, or that push button gear selector in the Yukon, that means nothing because its paired with old tech.

I just couldn’t see a lot of people saying “Ill take a huge depreciation hit on my 2020 for that!”

Totally. But I can't imagine anybody taking a huge depreciation on a 1 year old $60K+ car for any feature unless they really hated their existing one.

Normally at this time I'd be looking for insane deals on a 2020 Suburban they were trying to clear off the lot to make room for the 2021s since the changes weren't drastic and certainly aren't worth an extra $10k+ but with the low inventory they're still keeping their cards close to the vest, so to speak.

Totally. But I can't imagine anybody taking a huge depreciation on a 1 year old $60K+ car for any feature unless they really hated their existing one.

Normally at this time I'd be looking for insane deals on a 2020 Suburban they were trying to clear off the lot to make room for the 2021s since the changes weren't drastic and certainly aren't worth an extra $10k+ but with the low inventory they're still keeping their cards close to the vest, so to speak.

If the hype is there, a lot of people do it.

They are basically holding you back based on how much money you have, if you can afford to upgrade every year, you get the new tech, if you can’t, you get the same old tech you did 6 years ago, so there is no point in upgrading.

2 minutes ago, kwOH said:

If the hype is there, a lot of people do it.

They are basically holding you back based on how much money you have, if you can afford to upgrade every year, you get the new tech, if you can’t, you get the same old tech you did 6 years ago, so there is no point in upgrading.

Personally my wife has been chewing my ear off about getting one with heated seats, but that 2010 LT 2wd she's driving has 160k miles and is still going strong. Some cosmetic issues (we've got 3 kids all under 10 haha) so it's probably not worth much on a trade-in or even resale, we'd be lucky to get $10k for it, more likely $7-8k or a $5k trade-in. 

My 2014 High Country is great (and like you said - I've seen no real reason to upgrade to a 2020 or newer Silverado as the improvements were incremental) but I would like to have our big family vehicle be the nice one, so to speak.

Personally my wife has been chewing my ear off about getting one with heated seats, but that 2010 LT 2wd she's driving has 160k miles and is still going strong. Some cosmetic issues (we've got 3 kids all under 10 haha) so it's probably not worth much on a trade-in or even resale, we'd be lucky to get $10k for it, more likely $7-8k or a $5k trade-in. 

My 2014 High Country is great (and like you said - I've seen no real reason to upgrade to a 2020 or newer Silverado as the improvements were incremental) but I would like to have our big family vehicle be the nice one, so to speak.

For a family hauler, a discounted 2020 is your best bet for sure, maybe even a 19, if you can find one, cheaper the better, might as well save yourself some money.

For me, I would have to buy an Escalade, or wait until they make the Tahoe, actually from this century.

The Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons get the cluster that is used in the 2019+ T1 trucks. So if you owned a 2015-2020 SUV, the entire cluster and infotainment system will be different on a 2021.

It's not the same body either, do your eyes still work okay?

The Tahoe and Suburban are longer, body lines different. Sure they same a similar look but vehicles of this design have always done that because you can't stray to far away from what they have been making and what works.

2019-chevrolet-tahoe-new-design-hd-photo

tahoe_3.jpg

• Like 1

The Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons get the cluster that is used in the 2019+ T1 trucks. So if you owned a 2015-2020 SUV, the entire cluster and infotainment system will be different on a 2021.

It's not the same body either, do your eyes still work okay?

The Tahoe and Suburban are longer, body lines different. Sure they same a similar look but vehicles of this design have always done that because you can't stray to far away from what they have been making and what works.

2019-chevrolet-tahoe-new-design-hd-photo.jpg

tahoe_3.jpg

2020-tahoe-technology-01.jpg?imwidth=1200

2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-RST-Interior-003-steering-wheel-gauge-cluster-center-stack-infotainment-screen.jpg

If you ask me, that's a huge change in design. You aren't getting 2015 dash stuff in a 2021.

Words like “different” and “changed” do not mean improved or new. A 2019 cluster in a 2021? That is the definition of old. My opinion is not that I don’t like the Tahoe & Yukon, its that it does not compare to the Escalade. If you want to live in the past, and keep letting them feed you BS about a “new generation” and then buying the same old vehicle, then go for it, but I would not.