GM Sold Me A Chunk Of Rust With A Truck Around it

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You are quickly burning bridges with the folks who can help you. 

If my truck looked like yours underneath, I wouldn't be any happier about it than you, but you're taking out your frustrations on the wrong people. Have you thought about contacting a lawyer who is versed in these kinds of issues?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, newdude said:

The taking pictures isnt why you got thrown off the property but I can sure see why based on the more posts you make....

Its one thing to want something fixed, but how a person goes about it speaks volume.

On second thought I was being too nice to you. The dealers are lying to me and wasting my time and I'm going about it wrong.

Please do not respond to this thread anymore. That's how you can help.

Thank you.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You are quickly burning bridges with the folks who can help you. 

If my truck looked like yours underneath, I wouldn't be any happier about it than you, but you're taking out your frustrations on the wrong people. Have you thought about contacting a lawyer who is versed in these kinds of issues?

By your logic you will actually catch more with manure. You obviously did not read the thread, because the lawyer thing has already been mentioned.

Quit just trying to add to your post count.

Please do not respond anymore

Thanks

• Sad 1

I would be upset.... i ended up using duplicolor undercoating on my wax and it looks better and doesn't make an ugly mess on my hands. Get a body shop to look at and see what they say? If it is just cosmetic I would use por 15 or put the spray i used and go over it. Mine was from the tire shop and shop putting on the amp steps scraping off the wax so i bought the undercoating...

I understand you shouldn't have to do this, but i would put a value on my time... if the body shop says the inside was not done right or dipped try the selling dealer again. I do see a lot if super superduties with crappy looking frames for some reason....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tahoe, as you know that is a lot of frame rust for a new truck.   That sucks, I would also be pissed . In one of those pix where the frame wax is smeared it looks like there was some sort of clamp or hook on the frame .  Whenever I see smears or rust on a new frame I start to think that the vehicle has been on a body shop frame rack or it was recovered from a ditch by a tow truck.  

Sorry for your troubles, just throwing these ideas out there.  

I think the OP's truck sat in water about 3 feet deep for an extended period of time, filling the frame rails with water. Everything above the frame is unscathed, I'd be pissed off royally, but to get it fixed, the truck probably needs a new frame. 

Mr Tahoe Tuff, we feel your pain, try to be calm and collected, and try a dealership you haven't pissed off yet. Don't tell them anything, have them look at the rust pouring out of your frame, and ASK THEM.... IS THIS RIGHT? Don't yell and point fingers, let them see what crap is going on with the frame, let them tell you what they want to do, let them try, if they say the same stuff, call Chevt directly and start a case.

13 hours ago, 48548 said:

I would be upset.... i ended up using duplicolor undercoating on my wax and it looks better and doesn't make an ugly mess on my hands. Get a body shop to look at and see what they say? If it is just cosmetic I would use por 15 or put the spray i used and go over it. Mine was from the tire shop and shop putting on the amp steps scraping off the wax so i bought the undercoating...

I understand you shouldn't have to do this, but i would put a value on my time... if the body shop says the inside was not done right or dipped try the selling dealer again. I do see a lot if super superduties with crappy looking frames for some reason....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thank You. I do have a few follow up questions:

1. What year is your truck?

2. Did it have any rust before putting on the amp steps?

3. How long ago did you make the repair and how does it look now?

4. Any before and after pictures?

Thank You

Edited by Tahoe Tuff

5 hours ago, SteveDuramax4x4 said:

Tahoe, as you know that is a lot of frame rust for a new truck.   That sucks, I would also be pissed . In one of those pix where the frame wax is smeared it looks like there was some sort of clamp or hook on the frame .  Whenever I see smears or rust on a new frame I start to think that the vehicle has been on a body shop frame rack or it was recovered from a ditch by a tow truck.  

Sorry for your troubles, just throwing these ideas out there.  

Thanks for the input. I was thinking something like this as well. I have never seen a new frame with this much rust that wasn't exposed to something extreme. I have a car fax that looks good and I know that doesn't mean much, but it is a starting point. Coupled with the other problems the truck is having, I wonder if it was a flood vehicle?

16 hours ago, Tahoe Tuff said:

I knew it wouldn't take long for the trolls to show-up.

So this is the fourth dealer I have been to and treated like total garbage. I have been trying to get it fixed for over 2 months. Trust me if you were in my position you would not be as nice as I am being.

It's my fault? SOLD So you can drop off the 60K I paid and I will sign the title over to you, then you can go kiss their ass to get it fixed.

Or better yet just keep punching the clock at the dealership you work.

I am here looking for help not your sarcasm, If I wanted that I would go back to the dealer.

4 dealers?  You've really been to 4 dealers.  And none of them will help you.  If you were "being nice" as you state, you wouldn't have to go to FOUR DIFFERENT DEALERS.  No trolling here.  

Get rid of the truck then.  Problem solved.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

I think the OP's truck sat in water about 3 feet deep for an extended period of time, filling the frame rails with water. Everything above the frame is unscathed, I'd be pissed off royally, but to get it fixed, the truck probably needs a new frame. 

Mr Tahoe Tuff, we feel your pain, try to be calm and collected, and try a dealership you haven't pissed off yet. Don't tell them anything, have them look at the rust pouring out of your frame, and ASK THEM.... IS THIS RIGHT? Don't yell and point fingers, let them see what crap is going on with the frame, let them tell you what they want to do, let them try, if they say the same stuff, call Chevt directly and start a case.

Yes thank you. I know you have not been with me when I went to the dealers, but I have been nothing but super nice, My wife, who has been with me every time, thinks I am being too nice and they see that as weakness. I don't know what it is, but all the dealerships have asked several times if I bought the truck from them and have said repeatedly take it back to where you bought it. I have tried that and they refuse to do anything. All of the dealers are trying to make this as difficult as possible for me when they hear I did not purchase the truck from them. First after telling me they have a rental car for me, then after I arrive they say sorry we just had our last rental car leave so you will have to wait all day before we can look at your truck or reschedule. One even said I missed my appointment, which I didn't, so they will have to take care of all their customers first before they can get to me. I guess I am not one of their customers. Funny thing is I tried to order my truck from them and they treated me like garbage. They dismissed me because i was going to pay cash for the truck and no one pays cash for one of these trucks. They actually laughed and said come back when your serious. That is their prerogative, but don't hold it against me for something you did. As far as me pissing them off, well that only starts when they start lying to me and I very politely call them on their lies. Without even looking at my truck they say the rust on it is normal and all the vehicles on their lots are rusty as well, they are the ones who suggest putting one of their trucks on the lift next to my truck and comparing. So when i say okay lets do that, that is when they get pissed and throw me out. Literally all three got pissed at that exact same time, when I agreed to have the trucks compared side by side. If they really don't want to help I would rather just have them say don't bring it here if you didn't buy it here. That I can respect, I may not like it, but I can respect it and it would save everyone a lot of time. Time is the one thing I can not afford to waste. Now the latest drum their beating is i am putting a lot of miles on it. well it was delivered to me with a little over 400 miles and it now has a little over 700. I have only driven it to the dealers for repairs, to the DMV to register it and to the gas station. I don't see how that is a lot of miles.

Finally, I have called GM and started a case and they are no better. I have been passed off to 3 different people, without actually ever even talking to anyone. I have called several times and left 4 messages with no call back, no one their ever answers their phone.

Unfortunately they have me at a huge disadvantage, they already have my money. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, newdude said:

4 dealers?  You've really been to 4 dealers.  And none of them will help you.  If you were "being nice" as you state, you wouldn't have to go to FOUR DIFFERENT DEALERS.  No trolling here.  

Get rid of the truck then.  Problem solved.  

100% a Troll.

Yes FOUR DIFFERENT DEALERS. The one where i bought it and three different independently owned and operated. Which one do you work at? I'll bring it there. If you really want to help lets do that. Troll

Or maybe the reality is when you don't buy a new vehicle from said dealer they do not want to help you no matter how nice you really are. Did you ever think of that? Troll

No of course not, because you want everyone to think its my fault. Troll.

I would get rid of it, but who wants to buy a rust bucket. Troll.

I understand being upset but did you even look at the truck before you paid 60k for it. A simple walk around and test drive would have shown all these problems if they where there when you signed your name. 

have you contacted your insurance carrier? Sometimes they will help fight these things for you or at least get you in contact with someone who will. 

I’m having a hard time believing that 4 dealers, General Motors, and a lawyer is telling you to go eff yourself

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Pastusak.t said:

I understand being upset but did you even look at the truck before you paid 60k for it. A simple walk around and test drive would have shown all these problems if they where there when you signed your name. 

have you contacted your insurance carrier? Sometimes they will help fight these things for you or at least get you in contact with someone who will. 

I’m having a hard time believing that 4 dealers, General Motors, and a lawyer is telling you to go eff yourself

I made the mistake of trusting the dealer and bought the truck sight unseen. But a walk around would not show any of this. It would have had to of been a crawl under. I only discovered it when it started leaving rust stains on my driveway.

I have not contacted my insurance company, I never heard of them helping with something like this. I will give them a call. Thank you.

Four dealers and GM yes, Lawyer no, i have not called a lawyer yet, last resort. It has been my experience when they get involved things get done, but they are the only ones who win.

Edited by Tahoe Tuff

1 hour ago, Tahoe Tuff said:

Thanks for the input. I was thinking something like this as well. I have never seen a new frame with this much rust that wasn't exposed to something extreme. I have a car fax that looks good and I know that doesn't mean much, but it is a starting point. Coupled with the other problems the truck is having, I wonder if it was a flood vehicle?

Did you buy this truck new or used?  CarFax would apply to used only, right?  If used, then it would be a real challenge for the dealers or GM to help, wouldn't it?  They have no idea on the truck's history...If used, I agree as a few of us have stated that it sat in high water or was a flood vehicle. You may want to go after CarFax.