GM Sold Me A Chunk Of Rust With A Truck Around it

Call the dealer you bought it from. Show them the crap coming out of your frame, tell them Chevy told you to call them and take it up with the place of purchase. They may indeed be the ones who had it sitting in water. 

• Like 1

YOU bought YOURSELF what YOU perceive to be a sh1tty truck.  Nobody on here can help you--some knowledgeable people have tried--mostly because you've shown that you don't really want any help anyway.  You just want to throw a snowflake pity party temper tantrum with a large crowd.  GM Corporate is not at fault.  The people on this forum are not at fault.  YOU bought a crap truck from out of state and paid for it without inspecting it carefully.  THIS IS ALL ON YOU AND IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE ORIGINAL DEALER OF SALE.  Now grow up, quit acting like a fool, learn what emotional intelligence is, put on your big boy pants, and get it fixed or buy another truck.  Or don't.  We couldn't care less at this point.  But don't ever come back on here expecting any more help with this same attitude.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tomato said:

Did you buy this truck new or used?  CarFax would apply to used only, right?  If used, then it would be a real challenge for the dealers or GM to help, wouldn't it?  They have no idea on the truck's history...If used, I agree as a few of us have stated that it sat in high water or was a flood vehicle. You may want to go after CarFax.

You can run a Carfax on anything. New vehicles just don't have much, if any, history. There's not going to be anything on the Carfax unless a police report was filed or an insurance company was involved. I had a Honda repainted by the dealer body shop one time, it wasn't a wreck, just a deep scuff that required paint work. The Carfax never mentioned anything about it. So, if the truck sat in standing water up to the frame at the storage lot, or the truck was wrecked by a salesman and repaired at the dealers body shop, you might never really know. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

You can run a Carfax on anything. New vehicles just don't have much, if any, history. There's not going to be anything on the Carfax unless a police report was filed or an insurance company was involved. I had a Honda repainted by the dealer body shop one time, it wasn't a wreck, just a deep scuff that required paint work. The Carfax never mentioned anything about it. So, if the truck sat in standing water up to the frame at the storage lot, or the truck was wrecked by a salesman and repaired at the dealers body shop, you might never really know. 

Very wise post there jlong.       Never trust the dealer to disclose damage or repairs.

I would bring that truck to an independent body shop and have them check for damage/repairs. 

Many new vehicles are repaired/repainted without buyers even knowing. They get damaged in transport, on the dealer lot, during test drives. None of that is reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

YOU bought YOURSELF what YOU perceive to be a sh1tty truck.  Nobody on here can help you--some knowledgeable people have tried--mostly because you've shown that you don't really want any help anyway.  You just want to throw a snowflake pity party temper tantrum with a large crowd.  GM Corporate is not at fault.  The people on this forum are not at fault.  YOU bought a crap truck from out of state and paid for it without inspecting it carefully.  THIS IS ALL ON YOU AND IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE ORIGINAL DEALER OF SALE.  Now grow up, quit acting like a fool, learn what emotional intelligence is, put on your big boy pants, and get it fixed or buy another truck.  Or don't.  We couldn't care less at this point.  But don't ever come back on here expecting any more help with this same attitude.   

Thanks that really helped, that should get it fixed. You post garbage like this and I have the bad attitude. You like some other people on here are confusing help with unprovoked personal attacks. That’s nice blame the victim of unethical business practices. Spoken like a true company man. Is that your official diagnosis? I didn’t know that health care was offered here. Thanks, but I never asked for your opinion about my psychological state of mind. Just what options I have to be made whole with respect to the truck. Practicing medicine without a license is a crime in all 50 states. I do have an actual therapist and her professional diagnosis is diabolically opposed to your unlicensed opinion. If you would like to debate her about that I can put you in touch with her, but I have a feeling you don’t have a license to practice behavioral health and won’t want to do that. So if that is the case keep your unsolicited reckless medical opinions to yourself.

Anyway, you could not be more wrong, everything you said is wrong, except for “the people on this forum are not at fault” and I agree with that statement. Since you obviously do not know I will help you with this. When you buy a new vehicle, it comes with a warranty form the manufacture, in this case it’s GM, as the manufacture of this new vehicle they are the only one who warranties it and not the dealer. Yes, you can purchase separate 3rd party warranties, but let’s keep this simple. The dealer is just authorized by the manufacture to make repairs under that warranty. GM does not actually fix anything. So yes, GM is completely involved in this process and responsible for making all repairs under the warranty and some dealer will actually have to do these repairs, weather I purchased from them or not. The reason you should not have to do a PPI on a new vehicle is because it has a warranty to cover any problems. I have purchased several new vehicles sight unseen and never had any problems like this.

I guess you’re one of those billions of people who crawl under a new car when you buy it, because you suspect rust. While I was at the last three dealerships, I looked across the lots and saw hundreds of people on the ground rolling around. So, I had to ask, what are all those people doing on the ground, rolling around and I was told they’re looking for rust. It’s the standard thing to do when buying a new vehicle ya big dummy. All new vehicles come rusty from the manufacture and it’s up to you to determine if it’s an acceptable amount or not. Then I thought about it for a minute and I remembered, yes, it is common to see people on the ground everywhere at a new car dealerships looking for rust.

Oh, wait I know what this is, the new guy isn’t putting up with the off-topic personal attacks from the regulars, so all the cronies pile on. Well played, touché, you almost pulled me down to your level. I don’t know if this is for real or it’s just one person with 10 different accounts, but it needs to stop.

If you really want to help, keep all your off-topic personal attacks to your pathetic self. That would be great.

Thank you.

This was not my first stop for help, but after one of my kids suggested giving it a try, I thought I would. I have not been around forums in ~20 years and I have to say there are some people on here who really want to help and I appreciate and welcome all the feedback. Then there are people on here who have their own agenda and to those people I say keep your rhetoric to yourself.

Thank You

16 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

This is true and just to add on this. all new vehicles do not come with a title, they come with a certificate of origin. Once you go to register the vehicle with your state you are given a title. I purchased a race car several years ago and was given a certificate of origin for the dealer. I never had any intentions of driving that car on public roads, so I just kept it as a certificate of origin. Later when I sold it the buyer ran the vin through carfax and it had a report and it never had a title. I don't know how carfax obtains their information and maybe someone here does, but they had it in their system.

15 hours ago, Bob2C said:

Many new vehicles are repaired/repainted without buyers even knowing. They get damaged in transport, on the dealer lot, during test drives. None of that is reported.

I believe this is true, but wouldn't they have to disclose it if was a material fact in the transaction?

15 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Two options here. You choose.

Jesus Christ quit being such a nag. It's not that big of a deal.

Screenshot_20200603-165523.png

874073_74154609.jpg

Are you for real? What are the matches for? Who uses nag, what are you like 80? 

Not that big of a deal because it not your money. I suspect. 

And don't use the Lords name in vain.

I understand your frustration and I also believe you have a legit complaint.

Do I think you are being treated poorly by GM, Yes.

I would like to know why this purchase was not local?

I sympathize with you but I'm sure you had options. 

Unless you were in a situation that you needed a vehicle immediately you could have waited for another truck.

And to me in this world you have to cover your ass everyday. Especially when money is involved. 

Good Luck

:)

I believe this is true, but wouldn't they have to disclose it if was a material fact in the transaction?

I believe they have to disclose it if the repair is over a certain dollar amount and each state is different. But who’s to say how much the repair cost. Many dealers have in house body shops. When I buy new cars I feel door edges, wheel wells, fender edges. Most of the time if it’s repainted you can feel the tape line. Factory paint will be very smooth. I also feel door jams for overspray. Not an exact science but it’s something.