Got tired of all the electrical gremlins in my 19....

So I fixed it.  There’s no comparison in the high country ride vs the Denali. 

old was 19 High Country. 
Several visits for bad cameras, camera modules, Bluetooth, transmission slamming into gear, “SD card removed” error messages, service rear vision system and blue screen of death, steering wheel buttons went out, etc. 

010DB598-6A5E-4A4C-9491-419747F97299.jpeg

• Like 4

Some of you guys are gluttons for punishment. I'll never understand the mentality of having bad luck with a product and going around and trading it in on the same exact thing [emoji23]
Me either, same tech, but hopefully they have better luck this time and as long as they are happy [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Some of you guys are gluttons for punishment. I'll never understand the mentality of having bad luck with a product and going around and trading it in on the same exact thing ?

You buy an item at the store bring it home and its broke, doesn't work right etc you take it back and exchange it for another one and its ok isn't this the same thing?

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You buy an item at the store bring it home and its broke, doesn't work right etc you take it back and exchange it for another one and its ok isn't this the same thing?

When you "return" that item to the store, do they lowball you and give you 80% of the initial purchase price?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

When you "return" that item to the store, do they lowball you and give you 80% of the initial purchase price?

I see your point but should he or she live with the problems and just jump to another brand which he or she doesn't want?  Maybe they don't like any other brand and they like what they had, so what just as long as there happy. I would do the same thing as I don't like Ford, Dodge or the foreign trucks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

That's a different issue. You said it's nuts to get the same truck back, but it's not. Obviously not everybody has the same issues, so there is a certain amount of chance involved, and most people accept the risk. Especially because going to another brand doesn't mean you won't have a different set of issues there. They all have issues.

As to getting 80% back; well again, doesn't matter what brand you get instead, none of them are going to offer you 100% what you paid, and the original dealer might be most willing to give you a break (especially if you are known there).

5 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

I see your point but should he or she live with the problems and just jump to another brand which he or she doesn't want?  Maybe they don't like any other brand and they like what they had, so what just as long as there happy. I would do the same thing as I don't like Ford, Dodge or the foreign trucks.

I mean I get that, but this is where being brand loyal can hinder a person and their decisions. I guess I would be more inclined to try a different brand if I had had that bad or luck with a truck.

3 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

That's a different issue. You said it's nuts to get the same truck back, but it's not. Obviously not everybody has the same issues, so there is a certain amount of chance involved, and most people accept the risk. Especially because going to another brand doesn't mean you won't have a different set of issues there. They all have issues.

As to getting 80% back; well again, doesn't matter what brand you get instead, none of them are going to offer you 100% what you paid, and the original dealer might be most willing to give you a break (especially if you are known there).

His "return" analogy would have worked better had he compared it to a lemon law.

When you spend 40k-70k for a truck, it's different than buying something at the store that isn't really an investment. In addition, like others mentioned, you lose money trading in. The dealer is fine with it, they get to resell your vehicle for a profit and get more money out of you.

As for why I wouldn't purchase the same thing, it depends, if it was one consistent issue that I genuinely believed was just a rare bit of bad luck and the truck was a lemon, I might get another, but when you have like 10 different reoccurring problems that are not fixable, to me, that makes me question the quality of the vehicle in its design and quality control from the manufacturer. If it's a lot of different issues like that, I wouldn't have the expectation that another one would be much better, I'd be thinking that the manufacturer just doesn't make a good product, or at least one good enough for that large amount of money and a loss to trade in the broken one. I'd give someone else a try.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk