In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
BigMick2020

Info Screen Random Selection at Startup

Only had my 2020 Silverado RST for 5-weeks and a minor complaint I have its every time I start the truck the info screen is some random selection.......

Not the main MPH screen, but when you tab to the right the first screen that appears is always different every time I start up the truck. 

One time it's tire pressures, next time it's fuel range, next time it may be the off-road screen. 

Is there some way to make it stay the way it was when I shut down so I don't have to cycle through every time to get to the desired screen?

Thanks.....

I have noticed the same thing except it happens right after an oil change and it is reset. I always set it up to toggle between the home screen and Trip A (I like to see mpg and how far i went on a tank of gas). Right after an oil change no matter how I set up the screens it goes to a different screen for like a month and then seems to “remember” how I like it and allows me to toggle back and forth between home and Trip A.  As of right now I have not found a solution. I tried removing some screens from being visible, but that did not work.  Hopefully someone has a solution. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pschne1 said:

I have noticed the same thing except it happens right after an oil change and it is reset. I always set it up to toggle between the home screen and Trip A (I like to see mpg and how far i went on a tank of gas). Right after an oil change no matter how I set up the screens it goes to a different screen for like a month and then seems to “remember” how I like it and allows me to toggle back and forth between home and Trip A.  As of right now I have not found a solution. I tried removing some screens from being visible, but that did not work.  Hopefully someone has a solution. 

Yup...same here, I like Trip A showing............mine is different every startup, not yet changed oil. 

Probably a simple software fix that ain't going to happen I suppose. ?

When I toggle over to the info screen mine has been showing the trailer controller gain for some reason, although I always leave it on Trip A.  It's one of those gremlins I hope to have fixed under warranty.  Another problem I have is when hooking up a trailer I get messages telling me that the blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert are disabled.  But they're not and the trailer is always triggering blind spot alerts. 

• Like 1

I've had this issue for over a year. I also like to leave it on Trip A. But sometimes it is tire pressure, sometimes it is engine hours, sometimes is it something else.

It seems like a simple software bug they could fix, but since it isn't part of the infotainment system, I wonder if it would it require the dealer to plug in like the break wear update versus an OTA.

• Like 1

That’s strange. My 2020 AT4 stays where I leave it. I would mention it to your dealer. My 2018 Silverado also stayed where I left it. Gotta be an update or something.

Same here. Like it has a mind of it's own. I too like to leave it on Trip A. Sometimes it will stay the way I want it for days, then it may be different every time I start the truck. Not really a big deal though to me.

Edited by winks79

Checked today and showed oil life % first toggle. Put it back on Trip A before back to main screen. 

I should have my passengers take shots every time it isn't on Trip A on first check. Make it a drinking game based on which screen appears. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

Checked today and showed oil life % first toggle. Put it back on Trip A before back to main screen. 

I should have my passengers take shots every time it isn't on Trip A on first check. Make it a drinking game based on which screen appears. LOL

That's good.....  ?

Hi, all. If you haven't already, we suggest reaching out to your dealership about the Drivers Information Center (DIC). If you'd like, our team can help facilitate an appointment. To get started, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, all. If you haven't already, we suggest reaching out to your dealership about the Drivers Information Center (DIC). If you'd like, our team can help facilitate an appointment. To get started, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

This is obviously a firmware design issue and should be easily duplicated by GM without bringing my vehicle into a dealer that will not do anything about it or sit on it while I have no vehicle..........

I test drove 2 other 2020 Silverados and they do the same thing as mine. 

"the other Silverados in the lot do the same thing", case closed.  

6 people on this short thread already say they have the same issue.   ?

Proactive.....not reactive. 

• Like 2

Mine had been doing this since I bought it in March.  I keep it on the home screen 90% of the time, but I'm always looking at Trip 1 to see how many miles I have on the current fillup and what kind of mileage i'm getting.  Last week on the way home from work I sequenced over, it popped up randomly on Trip 2. I scrolled up to Trip 1 and left it there for the remainder of my drive home from work, and made sure to shut the truck off with Trip 1 showing on the display.  It's been about a week now and SO FAR, every time I sequence to the right from the Home screen, Trip 1 appears.

Prior to this, I would always sequence over, scroll up to Trip 1, and then sequence back to the Home screen.  It would never go back to Trip 1 after that, I would have to scroll up again.  You might give it a shot what I did above.  Good luck.