In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Low RPM shake/ vibration?. stutter?

So a further update after a month in the shop they replaced lifter guides and fuel rails and gave me truck back and said it was cylinder 2 lifter bleeding out that was causing the misfire which felt like people a stutter at low rpms. So since this shaking started they replaced camshaft position sensor and that wasn’t it. Now they have replaced lifters cause cylinder 2 had a bleeding lifter and that wasn’t the problem either. Truck still shakes and stutters. Does any one see a problem with this I’ve brought truck in twice with no CEL and they found big problems each time but still haven’t fixed the problem the truck was brought in for. This seems unbelievable. The truck has only 1200 miles now and its two months old and now is going in shop for the third time to fix same issue that hasn’t been addressed but they keep finding bigger problems each time they look into it. I’m at disbelief did they just rebuild the top end for nothing. Furthermore on paperwork they stated they test drove vehicle after repair and it was fine. But I looked at the Chevrolet app and it says no miles were driven on my truck after the date they said they repaired. This thing is becoming highly suspicious I’m not sure the dealer is doing anything but giving back truck after holding it for a month

Picked up the vehicle after it spent a week at the dealership.  They replaced a valve cover gasket for the leak. second time they replaced a valve cover gasket. and said as far as the shake is concerned, it's a normal characteristic of the 6.2 and mine is better than most. Blowing smoke up my a$$. I'm going to have an outside shop diagnose the issue and pursue lemon law. I'm done with this POS. 70k dollar pos. It's a shame.

8 minutes ago, Philbert said:

Picked up the vehicle after it spent a week at the dealership.  They replaced a valve cover gasket for the leak. second time they replaced a valve cover gasket. and said as far as the shake is concerned, it's a normal characteristic of the 6.2 and mine is better than most. Blowing smoke up my a$$. I'm going to have an outside shop diagnose the issue and pursue lemon law. I'm done with this POS. 70k dollar pos. It's a shame.

I end up selling mine to CarMax, I was able to recoup all my money back with the high prices on used cars. 

I didn't try the lemon law because I will end up losing a significant amount of money . Texas lemon law said that the dealer can deduct the usage(millage) of the vehicle at the time of them purchasing back from you. 

I loved the truck but like you I got tired of dealing with this issue and who knows what else in the future.

• 1 month later...

I had this same issue recently on my 2021 Yukon AT4.

- no engine light but same symptoms mentioned in above thread

- replaced valve body (no change)

- replaced torque converter

- - O2 sensor warning comes on

- Replace O2 Sensor and shutter/shift problem goes away and increase MPG +3

My Recommendation if no engine light or error message is showing then change out O2 sensor. Mine didn’t show as bad till the torque converter was replaced.

Bad O2 sensor symptoms reflect the issues in this thread.

Hello my 2021 5.3 AT4 shakes also… I noted it after doing the K&N CAI and exhaust..

then at 8127 my # 6 lifter blew .. after repair  it just shakes all the time while going slow!

I return it to stock filter and it got 80% better but now with Air conditioning on it is more noticeable. A/c Off near perfect 

I don’t know but Dealerships say it is operating to Spec but I doubt it.  

during lifter warranty work they also replaced #1 cylinder plug for misfiring and it was fouled.  So I will soon be going to Mobile 1 oil and all new plugs hopefully this helps

Back from a new dealer, after the last damaged my car and repaired it without my knowledge, I refused to take it back to them.  New dealer found a misfire code on the same cylinder as the failed lifter, and replaced the spark plug. After the lifter failure, plugs never replaced nor were they replaced on subsequent visits. This is visit #4 for engine failure since August and just a little over 1k miles since original failure at 4700 miles. Misfire at idle is essentially gone, however shake/misfire still prevalent on light acceleration.  I notice it all the time when warm. After a hard acceleration to pass or accelerate to get on the highway, then relax and maintain a speed while just applying just a little gas or coasting. I'll drive it around for a bit to get all monitors back up and hopefully another code will pop up to lead to the problem