New truck: What are some cool inexpensive upgrades?

Hey everyone, I just got my new to me 2015 Silverado this year and im looking to make it my own. Some upgrades Im wanting to do are new wheels because stock ones look really crappy to be honest, running boards, bed liner, and maybe new tail/headlights. 

But i dont know whether to keep it a red and chrome scheme or a red and black ( red and black would take a lot ) And i feel it wont go right. So i wqant some thoughts from you all who have had this trim level ( LT ) and this color scheme. Thank you all!

Truck1.jpg

Muffler delete is ~$75. AirRaid MIT is ~$150. Level kit is $60. Paint stick mod is free. If you have a center console, organization addins are cheap and nice to do. Under seat storage is cheap. Can add a train horn for pretty cheap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Aidan, great looking truck. Don’t get in a hurry, although running boards, headlights and taillights are good ideas. That’s my opinion.
There are some really unique aftermarket wheels out there. Checkout Perfomance Plus Tire, Google it. Great prices, free shipping, and this outfit will send wheels and tires mounted balanced lug nuts and ready to install. If nothing else, this website will show you a boatload of styles and sizes. If you don’t buy from them, you have a good benchmark on price so when you get another price somewhere, you’ll know what a good deal looks like. No offense intended. BTW: I am not connected in any way to PPT.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

175 t-stat for motor, remove airbox airflow restrictor panel, so the airaid jr flows more air, trans t-stat delete, 18" rims off a rst, z71 or trail boss,  T1 front brake upgrade, and remove the silly head rests, still figuring if the SS camaro trans pans bolts up, not sure yet gotta order one.  get the throttle enhancer too, and a scan tool, drive in M4 or m5, cut out the muffler flapper

Edited by flyingfool

Center console organizer, black emblems, running boards, mud guards, window tint front windows and put a strip on front windshield, trade up for different wheels or search craigslist, someone is always parting their factory wheels, under the seat storage is awesome, I had one on my 2018, and weather-tech floor mats for front and back. 

Good luck, and nice looking truck! 

7 hours ago, flyingfool said:

175 t-stat for motor, remove airbox airflow restrictor panel, so the airaid jr flows more air, trans t-stat delete, 18" rims off a rst, z71 or trail boss,  T1 front brake upgrade, and remove the silly head rests, still figuring if the SS camaro trans pans bolts up, not sure yet gotta order one.  get the throttle enhancer too, and a scan tool, drive in M4 or m5, cut out the muffler flapper

@flyingfool....Help me please. What is the "muffler flapper"?

For a modification to be an "upgrade" it has to give you something. It has to pay for itself. Pull it's own load so to speak and not make you pay every day afterwards for using it. When you are considering a "change" ask what it does and how it will affect everything else not just how much does it cost and how will it look. Anybody can spend money thoughtlessly, right? 

Example: Guy wants a new tire/wheel package. He trades his 65# OEM set up for 100#  33" offroad tires on larger wider rims that stick 3" outside the body. Then he back's here asking what to do about the sides of his truck that now look like a woodpecker has had his way with and complaining about the 3-5 mpg he lost.  Now it could be the mileage doesn't matter to this guy but perhaps mudflaps, running boards and film or lower Line-X would have saved him a paint job if done first. 

Be methodical. You get to live with your choices. We don't. 

• Like 3

I personally think I did the perfect mods for my 2014. I basically just fixed everything that is aweful from the factory and focused on bang for the buck.

Things that are aweful oem

-oem trans/engine tune

-the shocks

-the headlights

-the tires

all i did was

-new tires

-hid retrofit

-bilsteins

-blackbear tune

-pop n lock

Welcome to this forum! You have a very nice looking truck.  The nicest thing about your truck is it looks totally stock and unmolested.  I suggest you  take care of your truck and keep it in pristine condition.  You will maintain maximum value and appeal (imo) by keeping it stock.  I have a stock '15 SLE and every compliment I receive is related to its clean factory appearance. If you have a truck loan, spend the time and money to modify your payments to $0.  This will give you the greatest appreciation of your truck- truly calling it your own!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rav3 said:

@flyingfool....Help me please. What is the "muffler flapper"?

search bar at top of page, or crawl under truck look at muffler  and take to muffler shop.  i dont reccommend muffler delete with a straight pipe, i personally love the quet exhaust,  I hate standing out of the crowd with growly vehicle. stock muffler flows great, just pull the flapper out

Edited by flyingfool

Thank you all for the suggestions. So far I have a plan for the truck that includes a new spray in liner, running boards, Range AFM disabler ( cylinder deactivation system ) and the transfer from halogen bulbs to LEDS ( not replacing housing ) And maybe new wheels because I just dont like the stock ones. I saw someone mentioning a leveling kit and since this truck isnt that off center i am not going to bother leveling it out. Not sure on exhaust yet but I would like a bit more rumble but it being quiet isnt a bad thing for sure.  

On 6/11/2020 at 12:42 AM, flyingfool said:

What's the airflow restrictor panel?

1 hour ago, ES44AC said:

What's the airflow restrictor panel?

its part of the noise reduction in the airbox, it blocks a bit of airflow in the stock CAI. use a crow bar to pop the filter box off the rubber mounts. the panel unclips from inside. 

just saved you from spending $400 on an aftermarket kit. but the airraid jr compliments this cheap upgrade

8 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

its part of the noise reduction in the airbox, it blocks a bit of airflow in the stock CAI. use a crow bar to pop the filter box off the rubber mounts. the panel unclips from inside. 

just saved you from spending $400 on an aftermarket kit. but the airraid jr compliments this cheap upgrade

Thank you, I'm going to try it for my 6.2l !

• Like 1

If you haven't already, tint it out. That's always the first mod I do. On that truck, I'd consider painting the Bowties red and a Cravenspeed stubby antenna. Those are all relatively inexpensive and will help your truck stand out, without going too wild.