Wheel Bearing Nut Size? - Need to remove for Brembo Brakes

So, we're about to tear into our 2019 Silverado 4WD and install the Chevrolet Performance Brembo Brake package. I thought it would be a pretty standard process. Take the old caliper/rotor off and replace them. 

However, that's not the case. There's an included dust sheild that need to be installed behind the wheel bearing on the front wheels. I guess I'll need to remove the bearing retaining nut and pull the bearing. 

So, two questions: 

1- What size socket will I need to remove the front wheel bearing on my Silverado?

2- Should I rent a bearing puller or can I get the bearing out with basic tools?

Thanks everyone!

Obligatory Brembo Brake Package photo..

Chevy_Performance_Brembo.jpg

15mm I believe.  You might need a swivel socket and impact gun as the bolts are very tight and have plenty of loctite on them.  after the cv nut is removed, a couple of whacks with a dead blow should take care of it on a new truck.  Make sure your wheel sensor is free!  

• Like 1

The wheel bearing nut is 34 or 36 mm, I think 36mm.  I had to purchase the socket a few weeks ago but I dont remember what size now.  I'll check in the morning and let you know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blazerk5drew said:

15mm I believe.  You might need a swivel socket and impact gun as the bolts are very tight and have plenty of loctite on them.  after the cv nut is removed, a couple of whacks with a dead blow should take care of it on a new truck.  Make sure your wheel sensor is free!  

Thanks! Sounds about right for the bolts that hold the bearing on. I appreciate your help. 

9 hours ago, Gangly said:

The wheel bearing nut is 34 or 36 mm, I think 36mm.  I had to purchase the socket a few weeks ago but I dont remember what size now.  I'll check in the morning and let you know.

That would be so helpful! Thank you very much for checking! 

1 hour ago, Zane said:

Thanks! Sounds about right for the bolts that hold the bearing on. I appreciate your help. 

That would be so helpful! Thank you very much for checking! 

Be careful with the CV boot.  They are pretty delicate.  if you have a torque wrench for the CV axle that would be prefered for re installation.  I think Autozone or similar will rent you any tools you do not have including the axle nut socket.  where did you get the brakes from?

10 hours ago, Gangly said:

I think I might be talking about something different than yall if both of you are referring to smaller nuts.  I checked and the nut to disconnect the axle from the hub is 36 mm.

No, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! You have to take off the axle nut first, then the bearing bolts to get to the dust shield. 

Thanks everyone, this is super helpful. 

how much is that kit.....pretty pricey?

i thought my RST brakes were great however 2500 HD brakes not so much.....they could use some help for sure