In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Avihy

retain the chime sounds and steering wheel control when upgrading the stock audio - help please

greetings everyone, especially the audio freaks among all of you...

so, im planning to upgrade the stock audio system on my 2015 LTZ, Crew-Cab Silverado (with the Bose system - no active noise cancellation feature).

the plan is to leave the original HU, and amplify the front 2 way component (morel elate) with a JL 450/4, and amplify a JL Stealth-box with 2X 10TW5 subs with a JL 500/1.

all of which will be managed with a DSP (maybe Bit one or JL FiX 86) and BI-Amp wiring. no passive crossovers. 

so, i got it all figured out besides a few crucial pieces of information:

1. i know i will need a specific harness to easily allow me to get the high-power signals from the stock Bose amp, that will "feed" the DSP and than the amps using RCA's. the question is, which harness do i need to get?

2. i definitely want to retain the chime sounds + steering wheel audio controls and of course the BT hands-free option. how do i make sure that i do that? and how do i insure that i will not amplify the chime sounds?

i will really appreciate any kind of help from anyone who ever upgraded their stock silverado audio system.

Thanks!

Avihy

You are better of tapping the signal from the head unit rather than the high output from the amps. You can do this by using something like the NavTV m650-gm. Its expensive, but addresses your needs around fader, chimes, and other non-music signals getting amplified.