Beta testers wanted Save gas, Free Stuff!! lol

On 6/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, davester said:

That's amazing, 10% more MPG with a plastic air guide.  Anyone remember another device, making a remarkably similar claim, but instead of making the air go straight, it was fan shaped so the air went in a special vortex?

If something like this actually resulted in even 0.1mpg, when the vehicle is driven the same, GM would already have something like it in the intake YEARS and YEARS ago.  Just like CAI's don't improve MPG...

Yes I do, still have one of each from my 99 5.3 in my big tool box.

Vortex TB spacer, and the Tornado Air insert, sounded really cool under WOT, which kind of defeated your mileage increase if there was actually one to begin with.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, Black02Silverado said:

IMO they could make a vehicle get way better economy than what they do.  To me big oil comes into play and keeps it from happening.  Just my 2 cents.

A lot of truth in that statement.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, cmysstailights said:

I run a 15 6.0 on e85. If u decide to try in this market i would love to see if my trucks mpg gets better. Its horrible now lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Right now we are just working on the 5.3's and we will be working on the 6.0's. Thanks for asaking

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Test Pilot here with some results from late July 2020 to date September 16 2020.

- Prior to installation I was getting 17.5 L per 100km using regular unleaded fuel 87% mostly city driving - 2012 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3L

- After install made some longer trips mix highway/city and got numbers around 13.4L per 100km and back to city driving for the last month with numbers holding steady at 14.3L per 100km.

I think longer testing may or may not change numbers but hoping it remains. Saving 3L per 100km is not bad at all.

Just my 2 cents...I think we are onto something.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph Ciardullo

1 hour ago, Ralph Ciardullo said:

Test Pilot here with some results from late July 2020 to date September 16 2020.

- Prior to installation I was getting 17.5 L per 100km using regular unleaded fuel 87% mostly city driving - 2012 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3L

- After install made some longer trips mix highway/city and got numbers around 13.4L per 100km and back to city driving for the last month with numbers holding steady at 14.3L per 100km.

I think longer testing may or may not change numbers but hoping it remains. Saving 3L per 100km is not bad at all.

Just my 2 cents...I think we are onto something.

Ralph

I think "mostly city" numbers will always be worse the "longer trips mix highway/city" . It's just a thought. ? 

23 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I think "mostly city" numbers will always be worse the "longer trips mix highway/city" . It's just a thought. ? 

1 hour ago, Ralph Ciardullo said:

"Back to city driving for the last month with numbers holding steady at 14.3L per 100km" 

His city driving numbers were better than before...

• Like 1

This would be a hard thing to study on anything but a rolling road. We just had a five day period of lousy fall weather that hammered my mileage then when it passed and it became more seasonal..numbers were restored. Just to many variables as Peppers lifetime chart will point out. Four years worth....

Put this truck on an Eddie Brake chassis dyno under a 40 hp load at 55 mph in high gear both with and without.

Record the BSFC both ways. 

image.thumb.png.e4cfc89e130ac3f6bdacc37d215f358d.png