Let’s talk winches

I preordered a new winch ready bumper, trying to decide on a winch, been spending too much so I was wondering if you all had any experience with brands other than warn that are good quality but not as expensive. I’d like a 12k synthetic with a wired/wireless remote!

I am an admitted tool snob and firmly believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to tools, so I would recommend WARN or Smittybilt if at all possible.  However, despite being a Harbor Freight brand, the Badlands winch has had some really excellent reviews online and there are plenty of youtube videos out there showing its capability.  

I have an 8k smittybilt on my car trailer, 10k superwinch on the jk, 12k superwinch on my 83 and a superwinch on my 18 year old king quad..lol.  i have never had a problem with any of them. 4 wheeler magazine did an article comparing the badland winch to the rest and it was rated really good..!  

17 hours ago, Z71-K9 said:

What bumper did you buy? Pics?

They haven’t completed the design yet but it’s the winch version of this bumper, gave me $200 off for pre ordering 

318125B5-B901-4106-82EE-D6A434461B41.png

On 6/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, Unwrntd said:

They haven’t completed the design yet but it’s the winch version of this bumper, gave me $200 off for pre ordering 

318125B5-B901-4106-82EE-D6A434461B41.png

Please update with pics when you finish!

6 hours ago, Gangly said:

What company is designing and building that bumper?

https://chassisunlimited.com/truck-products/gmc/sierra-1500/19-20-1500.html

You're practically my neighbor lol. I live in Panther Creek. They have a Silverado bumper too, but it's a bit more aggressive.

Edited by Unwrntd

On 6/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, Unwrntd said:

https://chassisunlimited.com/truck-products/gmc/sierra-1500/19-20-1500.html

You're practically my neighbor lol. I live in Panther Creek. They have a Silverado bumper too, but it's a bit more aggressive.

Small world for sure, I'm on the other side of I-45 in the Oak Ridge area.  That bumper looks really nice, its not nearly as obtrusive as others.  

• 3 weeks later...