Swapping 7” Display Infotainment to 8” on 2019 Silverado Custom/Trailboss

Have a 2019 Silverado Custom and have done a ton of mods in the year I’ve had it. Fog Lights, Center Console, Steering Wheel etc. Just bought an 8” Audio Radio Control Panel on ebay from a LTZ and all the plugs fall in place except 2 which I believe are for the actual display and USB (I can listen to audio) but screen is blank and radio controls don’t work). Has anybody tried this mod or know if there is any kind of harness adaptor?

• 8 months later...

I want to know where this leads. I’m sure there’s a solution, seems like there’s a lot you can do with these new truck to upgrade things here and there down the line. Maybe get into contact with White Automotive, they specialize in programming and the electronics of these truck so they might have some clues.

Edited by Kenster113

to me it appears for a after market  Radio  swap (screen only might not be as big of a deal but would still require resolution changes in stock firmware ) A after market manufacturer would have to build a Device to control the  Trucks settings that are tired to the radio and  have the ability to push them to a  Android or  (EWWW) Apple  Application for the front end (user input )  side of the  swap out...  

I  have some knowledge with micro devices and its difficult with totally open source hardware and software. With the hardware of these trucks  proprietary and the only small amounts of the  software side  open source . This would be a big undertaking In my  Kinda educated Opinion.  to add on top that most people  like myself with the IOR  Radio would rather just keep the Truck simple with the lest amount of things to go wrong as possible. only a few people would be willing to pay the money... My Truck works for its payments Every day .... and i need it reliable . 

yeah i did hear another guy familiar with this stuff say it would be possible but that it would be ALOT of work and expensive

i had the IOU or IOT in my 2500 ( premium w/o nav) and now am back to IOR....there is a few things i miss but i dont think i would pay a ton of money to get them back.....radio and phone in the DIC mainly 

I had power mirrors as well and those things seemed like they were gonna crap out every day, had to reset them twice......so simple may not be bad thing