In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Lol I don’t have a dog in this one and agree it’s up to individuals to make their own decisions

• Like 1

small 2 cycle engines are not made for long life spans.  That being said, I have no issue running fuel with ethanol in it as long as I treat it with a good stabilizer like Stabil-360 which takes care of the Ethanol harmfulness

Beg to differ. Some models are made to last and even with stabilizer in the fuel the ethanol will still destroy the rubber long term. Been there tried it and same results but yes it did hold off the destruction about 6 months.

• Thanks 1

Contractor friend of mine uses STIHL products top of the line for his landscaping business, blowers, weed eaters, chain saws.  They only get a year of daily use out of their machines before they are worn out and have to be replaced.  (Spring, Summer, Fall) You'll sometimes find "rated use" or hours listed on the labels.  Because of the amount of fuel they use in these things, he uses 2 cycle oil mixed with fuel.  Sometimes the fuel has ethanol in it, sometimes it doesn't.  (He buys the fuel in bulk and treats it, they get fresh fuel about every 2 months) But for normal residential use, you'll get years of use out of them.