Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Sbrick

Mods to compliment supercharger

Recommended Posts

Which taillights are those ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, James ****** said:

 

colder not hotter 

Any recommendations on plugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, RJ3 said:

Which taillights are those ? 

Stock taillights.  Just had them tinted with a film.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jaychevy81 said:

TVS1900 and worth every penny 5.3 dyno 480 HP8b357f68a41c30bed69d5e9540d4a144.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did you gain off stock?  Any other mods like exhaust or cai?  Running magnusons tune?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How much did you gain off stock?  Any other mods like exhaust or cai?  Running magnusons tune?

How much did you gain off stock?  Any other mods like exhaust or cai?  Running magnusons tune?

It has cat back magnaflow the supercharger came with a CAI. I had it dyno tuned it put down 480 to the wheels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is the update, on the intake where you put the gasket to seal the supercharger they have dowel type locators installed.  one of these was keeping the s/c from fully sealing even though it looked flush(gasket was basically floating around and got damaged). Obviously this caused a vaccum leak. waiting on new gasket and corrected the dowel issue. Will get back soon to let everyoneknow if this solves my main problem. what year LT4 PLUGS  did you use jaychevy? and what gap? thx for everyone's input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, Sbrick said:

Recently picked up a '18 6.2 silverado centennial edition.  Added a borla s-type catback system.  Installing a Magnuson TVS1900 Supercharger.  Had thought about throwing some long tube headers on it after that.  Anyone have some insight as what type of mods they'd install to compliment that setup?  Anyone have experience running a TVS1900 setup?

 

 

Nitromethane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Nitromethane!

radar detector...lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 12:34 PM, Sbrick said:

Stock taillights.  Just had them tinted with a film.  

Good to know, I like the look......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S/C is in and tuned.  Just figured I'd share the dyno results for anyone interested....

20200722_211314.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Sbrick said:

S/C is in and tuned.  Just figured I'd share the dyno results for anyone interested....

20200722_211314.jpg

Are you running stock tire diameter? Assuming you've got 3.42 gears as well?

 

I'm getting ready to install my SLP TVS1900 in the next couple weeks. I'm running 35x11.5xr20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and dyno'd the truck a couple weeks ago for a baseline. I have 3.42 gears, 87 pump gas, CAI, stock tune, the truck turned 273hp @ 5200 and 313 lbft @ 4200.

 

Glad to hear you got your issues worked out. Roush owns SLP now and when I called I got no help with tunes as you've experienced. I'll be going back for a custom tune once I get everything bolted up.

 

Sorry this was meant for Wilshire37. I see yours is a 2018 6.2l.

 

 

20200718_183650.jpg

Edited by Dick Lichon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinkin about going one temp cooler on the plugs and gettin some upgraded coils and wires.  Anybody have recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 1:58 PM, Dick Lichon said:

Are you running stock tire diameter? Assuming you've got 3.42 gears as well?

 

I'm getting ready to install my SLP TVS1900 in the next couple weeks. I'm running 35x11.5xr20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and dyno'd the truck a couple weeks ago for a baseline. I have 3.42 gears, 87 pump gas, CAI, stock tune, the truck turned 273hp @ 5200 and 313 lbft @ 4200.

 

Glad to hear you got your issues worked out. Roush owns SLP now and when I called I got no help with tunes as you've experienced. I'll be going back for a custom tune once I get everything bolted up.

 

 

Sorry this was meant for Wilshire37. I see yours is a 2018 6.2l.

 

 

20200718_183650.jpg

That's a sweet setup.  I had a blacked out sierra I setup like that.  You'll enjoy that blower when you get it tuned.  I know I have no regrets.  May install a 3.1 pulley instead of the 3.4 eventually for a lil more boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sbrick said:

Thinkin about going one temp cooler on the plugs and gettin some upgraded coils and wires.  Anybody have recommendations?

waste of money messing with coils

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jaychevy81 said:

TVS1900 and worth every penny 5.3 dyno 480 HP8b357f68a41c30bed69d5e9540d4a144.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if I have my catch can routed properly to the SC? It seems to be working well removing oil vapor and moisture. Your thoughts?

20201007_112558.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.