Buying a used GM performance exhaust

A guy local to me has the OEM Borla exhaust that he took off his 6.2 after about 5k miles.  He says he will let me have it for $500.  Any issue with buying a used exhaust system?  And does that seem like a good price?

Edited by OilfieldTrash78

What year truck do you have?  What year truck is the exhaust from?  It's not going to fit a 2019+up new body truck that is for certain if its the "OE Borla".  The "OE Borla" were on the old body 2014-2018 trucks.

Edited by newdude

Shouldn't be anything wrong with purchasing a used one. The price is good also. The only thing I could see that could  cause a problem would be the clamps if they were over tightned. Even new exhaust clamps are not very expensive if you needed to replace one.

2 hours ago, newdude said:

What year truck do you have?  What year truck is the exhaust from?  It's not going to fit a 2019+up new body truck that is for certain if its the "OE Borla".  The "OE Borla" were on the old body 2014-2018 trucks.

It came off his AT4, so it has to be a ‘19, or ‘20.  I was under the assumption that Borla made the GM performance exhaust system.

6 minutes ago, OilfieldTrash78 said:

It came off his AT4, so it has to be a ‘19, or ‘20.  I was under the assumption that Borla made the GM performance exhaust system.

They made the GM/Borla systems on 2014-2018 trucks.  Branded and warrantied by Borla  The new ones are Chevrolet Performance and branded/warrantied under Chevrolet/GMC. 

To my knowledge, they are not supplied by Borla.  Corsa was making the Chevrolet Performance branded systems on K2 trucks, so my guess is its Corsa who still does the "Chevrolet Performance" branded ones.  Box says "TMG Performance" on it, who is the parent company to Corsa.  Its just like the Chevrolet Performance intakes are made by K&N and you can find their name on the box.        

Edited by newdude

11 minutes ago, OilfieldTrash78 said:

Borla does make it with GM involved with the design but it's not the same as the off the shelf Borla systems. K&N helped design and makes the GM CAI.

Edited by Jay P

I would say that’s a good deal. Just bolts on and off, not really anything that can go wrong with it. It’s 304 stainless so it’s not going to turn to rusty looking junk like the Gibson or other cheap catbacks.

• Like 1