In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Air ride

Has anyone installed air-ride on the new body style? I just bought my first camping trailer ever, and with the Equalizing hitch the old girl doesn't sink too much, but I was wondering if you all thought it may be something to look into getting air-ride? I know not to overload just because, and the trailer does not, but also wanting to see if anyone has done this and if it improves the towing ride/handling enough to make it worth it? Thank you for your input.

trailer.jpg

Has anyone installed air-ride on the new body style? I just bought my first camping trailer ever, and with the Equalizing hitch the old girl doesn't sink too much, but I was wondering if you all thought it may be something to look into getting air-ride? I know not to overload just because, and the trailer does not, but also wanting to see if anyone has done this and if it improves the towing ride/handling enough to make it worth it? Thank you for your input.
trailer.thumb.jpg.3c1273ac8dede6696bb73f5069502195.jpg

I have bags & an onboard compressor. I recommend it if pulling lots. Levels it out nicely and handles great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, woychc said:

I have bags & an onboard compressor. I recommend it if pulling lots. Levels it out nicely and handles great

Got a quote for about $1300 for bags and compressor, sound about right?

Just scheduled to have them installed on the 8th.

Not sure where you are located but I paid $650 (Canadian) for the air bags and $400ish for the compressor. Did the install myself. I have the wireless one airlift compressor.

7 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Got a quote for about $1300 for bags and compressor, sound about right?

I just installed a Viair Air tank and 200 PSI compressor kit, air lift 7500XL air bags, and a PacBrake Amp'd Wireless bluetooth controller. I'm sitting at about $1400 all in but I like having onboard air to air up tires and water toys and I can control the airbag pressures from my phone. I also spent the extra money on Edge EAS accessory switches and pressure switch so I can monitor the tank pressure and turn the compressor on and off using my Edge CTS 3 monitor. It took some planning but I finally have it all mounted up and it works awesome.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

I had my wife make some Z71 decals for mine

ae29160d9ad7486139cd6d3f1dd9b1bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 20 Sierra 1500 Elevation.  I'd like to swap the rear suspension from leaf springs to air bags.  Not helper bags.  I tow a travel trailer a lot, and the self leveling and ride improvement are significant issues.