Carbon Fiber Truck Bed Is The Best Way to Stunt on Other Truck Owners

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Gangly said:

I thought I saw this exact meme on this post a few months ago and thought it was hilarious then.  Not sure what's going on, lol.

Just a guy who want's you to visit his youtube page to drive up viewership

• Like 2

LMAO.  Carbon Pro box is a flop.  GM did their best attempt at Protec box 2.0 and learned nothing from that.  Look at the build and price for example on an AT4 with the AT4 Carbonpro Edition.  Why is it packaged as a "special edition"?  Its $1070 for the option, but you need to also get the AT4 Premium and Preferred packages, and also either the 6.2 or the 3.0 diesel.  So you need $5000 in options to then add the $1070 bed option. 

Why on earth can't GM get their heads out of their @sses.  Carbon Pro box should be STANDARD on Denali and AT4 seeing they are the premium trims, and at least an option on SLT.  They are the only ones on the market with a carbon composite pickup bed, why not flaunt it?  Why not have more availability?  Why is it only on the 5ft8in box? 

Watch GM drop the option all together...

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, newdude said:

LMAO.  Carbon Pro box is a flop.  GM did their best attempt at Protec box 2.0 and learned nothing from that.  Look at the build and price for example on an AT4 with the AT4 Carbonpro Edition.  Why is it packaged as a "special edition"?  Its $1070 for the option, but you need to also get the AT4 Premium and Preferred packages, and also either the 6.2 or the 3.0 diesel.  So you need $5000 in options to then add the $1070 bed option. 

Why on earth can't GM get their heads out of their @sses.  Carbon Pro box should be STANDARD on Denali and AT4 seeing they are the premium trims, and at least an option on SLT.  They are the only ones on the market with a carbon composite pickup bed, why not flaunt it?  Why not have more availability?  Why is it only on the 5ft8in box? 

Watch GM drop the option all together...

GM has always been very restrictive with their packages. You want a backup camera with more resolution than a potato? Have to get Convenience package 2, with the leaking rear window and a bunch of other crap. They finally got wise with the 6.2 and stopped restricting it to the top two trims in 2020 but before then it was a $2500 option only if you were already buying a high end truck. Otherwise, it was more like $7500 to get out of an LT and into an LTZ. And in exchange for that, we got no storage in the work trucks and no bucket seats in the LT/SLE.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

GM has always been very restrictive with their packages. You want a backup camera with more resolution than a potato? Have to get Convenience package 2, with the leaking rear window and a bunch of other crap. They finally got wise with the 6.2 and stopped restricting it to the top two trims in 2020 but before then it was a $2500 option only if you were already buying a high end truck. Otherwise, it was more like $7500 to get out of an LT and into an LTZ. And in exchange for that, we got no storage in the work trucks and no bucket seats in the LT/SLE.

The way they all force you to buy stuff you don't want in order to get the 1 or 2 things you do want is annoying.  One of the reasons I haven't bought a new truck.  Sadly it's only going to get worse.  Is there even an option to not get a sliding back glass on a LTZ even?  Every build I do it automatically adds that stupid thing.  By the time I get a new truck it'll probably be the same way with sunroofs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chevyguy85 said:

The way they all force you to buy stuff you don't want in order to get the 1 or 2 things you do want is annoying.  One of the reasons I haven't bought a new truck.  Sadly it's only going to get worse.  Is there even an option to not get a sliding back glass on a LTZ even?  Every build I do it automatically adds that stupid thing.  By the time I get a new truck it'll probably be the same way with sunroofs.

Yeah, looks like the sliding rear window is standard on the LTZ. Good thing you can get the RST with the 6.2 now. 

Yeah, looks like the sliding rear window is standard on the LTZ. Good thing you can get the RST with the 6.2 now. 
Can't get an 8ft bed though so that's a no go for me, well any 1500 is a no go for me.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Looks like the sliding rear window is optional on a 2500 LTZ CC LB.

Good to know.  I think I've only been building Sierra 3500 duallies.  Not that it matters hopefully I can make my current pickup last another 5ish years or so.

• Like 1

The HDs don’t leak nearly as often, for what it’s worth. There’s been a few but it’s not like the half tons, where it’s basically a guarantee.

I have no issues with a steel bed on the T1s. The carbonpro is basically a solution in search of a problem. Maybe it’s something Ford should offer instead, since their tin can beds are so easy to puncture. Ram should also consider it too, cut some weight off that pig and give it a decent payload again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

The HDs don’t leak nearly as often, for what it’s worth. There’s been a few but it’s not like the half tons, where it’s basically a guarantee.

I have no issues with a steel bed on the T1s. The carbonpro is basically a solution in search of a problem. Maybe it’s something Ford should offer instead, since their tin can beds are so easy to puncture. Ram should also consider it too, cut some weight off that pig and give it a decent payload again.

I thought it was only the pre-2019 Rams that had Tundra-like payload. Are the new ones no better? 

25 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I thought it was only the pre-2019 Rams that had Tundra-like payload. Are the new ones no better? 

In the volume trims they are better than before. But if you load them up, it still dwindles away to nothing. Ram Limited had an as-tested payload of 990 pounds. A loaded to the max Denali is still over 1400 pounds. I know the Ram is better equipped and rides better but they still need to trim some fat.

• Like 2