adding 360 surround view, UVI (Trailer Camera) package to UVS (Surround/invisible Trailer) Upgrade 2020 Silverado RST

3 hours ago, TheVez said:

Thanks for the insight. I’ll probably never use the inside trailer view. Kinda strange it has the front parking sensors switch the rear cam on and not have a provision somewhere to add the front camera. Be nice of some one is able to come up with a lockpic type set up like they have for older vehicles. 

you could also find a used 10ch and do that without side mirrors. you might not need programming for that but no grid lines. I had that setup for a bit(see pic of front view).  The truck i got it from was a gmc 2500 you can tell by overhead pic.  Reprogramming gave me right truck, right bed length and grid lines.

Screenshot_20200703-164116_Photos.jpg

56 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

you could also find a used 10ch and do that without side mirrors. you might not need programming for that but no grid lines. I had that setup for a bit(see pic of front view).  The truck i got it from was a gmc 2500 you can tell by overhead pic.  Reprogramming gave me right truck, right bed length and grid lines.

Screenshot_20200703-164116_Photos.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for the Info. Appreciate it. 

On 7/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, Rally6.2RST said:

I have a 2020 Silverado RST.  I have the UVI trailer camera package (bed view, rear camera and 2 trailer camera provisions).  I really liked look of my RST and I really liked UVS (surround view with trailer camera package. 

I now have the UVS setup.

Buy List

-2 side view mirrors with cameras ($350 each)

-1 front view camera ($70) 84400532

-1 camera I used for rear ($70) 23390514

-1 video processing module 84743036 ($250) got this from a junk yard probably be $700 from dealer

-1 rg316d 15ft fakra code z female wire (segemart website) ($25)

-1 rg316 12ft fakra code z female wire(segemart website) ($25)

-1 rg316 17ft fakra code z female wire(segemart website) ($25)

-3 Two position female fakra z connectors ebay ($10)

Chris White from White Audio and Media Services programmed the module for me.

Module is behind rear passenger seat.

20200702_075311.jpg

20200702_093223.jpg

Do you know if this will work with the 2019. I have a 2019 at4 with the full surround camera and rear view mirror camera. I’m wondering if this would work to add the bed view option

3 hours ago, Gerstein1989 said:

Do you know if this will work with the 2019. I have a 2019 at4 with the full surround camera and rear view mirror camera. I’m wondering if this would work to add the bed view option

During my research I hooked up a 360 module from a 2019 truck to my 2020 truck to test it.  I could not get an image.  So I dont think a 2020 module will work in a 2019 without reprogramming other things. 

During my research I hooked up a 360 module from a 2019 truck to my 2020 truck to test it.  I could not get an image.  So I dont think a 2020 module will work in a 2019 without reprogramming other things. 

We may be able to work around that in software but for your application we wanted to make 100% sure we were starting with the proper unit as to not add another layer of complexity :)

Good evening. I have a 2020 GMC 1500 Denali, with all technology options and it has the jacks on the back for the additional cameras. I have been trying to purchase the Camera package that will allow me t do te invisible trailer view. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyway to order the part for the camera package. I found this part Trailer Auxiliary Camera (Models W/Trailer - GM (84876818) but that is on backorder indefinitely. Does anyone know where I could purchase these camera's and harness? Is this something I can part together? Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:43 PM, GTPprix said:

We may be able to work around that in software but for your application we wanted to make 100% sure we were starting with the proper unit as to not add another layer of complexity :)

I was so excited about this upgrade I posted right after it was hooked up and I was typing on my phone.  I dont think I gave Chris enough of a shout out.  Chris was very fast, responsive and helpful in this process.  Could not have done it without his programming expertise.  He is one of a kind.  I highly recommend WAMS for any programming project.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, GMCSAPPER said:

Good evening. I have a 2020 GMC 1500 Denali, with all technology options and it has the jacks on the back for the additional cameras. I have been trying to purchase the Camera package that will allow me t do te invisible trailer view. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyway to order the part for the camera package. I found this part Trailer Auxiliary Camera (Models W/Trailer - GM (84876818) but that is on backorder indefinitely. Does anyone know where I could purchase these camera's and harness? Is this something I can part together? Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

I am making a camera/camera harness for this for around $120.00 that plugs into hitch area.  I will keep you posted if it works.  You can try to order through findlay auto parts online.  I have been able to get some parts from them lately. 

I bought the same internal camera and I am making a custom harness.

28 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

I am making a camera/camera harness for this for around $120.00 that plugs into hitch area.  I will keep you posted if it works.  You can try to order through findlay auto parts online.  I have been able to get some parts from them lately. 

The number you refrenced should work, try from Findlay.  Some online gm parts places just cancel orders when parts are on backorder.  Findlay will usually continue the order so you get on list may take longer like 3 weeks if they can get it.

1 hour ago, Rally6.2RST said:

The number you refrenced should work, try from Findlay.  Some online gm parts places just cancel orders when parts are on backorder.  Findlay will usually continue the order so you get on list may take longer like 3 weeks if they can get it.

We can supply these units as well :)

2 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

I was so excited about this upgrade I posted right after it was hooked up and I was typing on my phone.  I dont think I gave Chris enough of a shout out.  Chris was very fast, responsive and helpful in this process.  Could not have done it without his programming expertise.  He is one of a kind.  I highly recommend WAMS for any programming project.

Hey man no worries at all I'm just glad its all good!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

i made this camera/harness prototype. plugs right onto truck port.  rear cam works but since my truck is an RST retrofit i dont have options in trailer app to enter my trailer dimensions so it wont calibrate for invisible trailer. 

20200719_141345.jpg

20200719_120604.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was able to complete this modification to my truck. It is amazing especially for trailering! Thank you Jarett and WAMS! Here are a couple of my lessons learned. This may be common knowledge to some, so be patient if I ramble or this seems too 101 level. I may also be restating some of what Jarett already mentioned. This is all Jaretts work that he was kind enough to share. I am just documenting.

1. Here is the part list I bought from segemart:

Fakra Z Water Blue Female Fakra Z Water Blue Female Cable Assemblies
  - Cable Type: RG316D
  - Length: 15
  - Unit of Length: foot
FKR-FAKRA/Z-F/S-FAKRA/Z-F/S 1 $26.63 $26.63
  - Cable Type: RG316
  - Length: 12
FKR-FAKRA/Z-F/S-FAKRA/Z-F/S 1 $17.17 $17.17
  - Cable Type: RG316
  - Length: 17
FKR-FAKRA/Z-F/S-FAKRA/Z-F/S 1 $21.68 $21.68

• I would add a foot to each of these cables. It wasn't absolutely needed, but it would have been nice to have. I had to go back an optimize my cable routing to make things work. Also the D cable wasn't required. I ordered it, but on the wrong cable so didn't end up using it for its intended purpose (front camera) anyway. I used the 17 foot cable for the front grill camera, the 15 for the drivers side mirror and 12 for the passenger side mirror. 
  • Plastic conduit and cloth tape to route the cables with.
  • Upgraded mirrors - I went with the towing mirrors from an AT4.
  • I ordered my 2 port fakraz connectors from rfconnectivity on Ebay and had to drill them out to make them work. Jarett ordered from the same place and his worked. Your mileage may vary. 
  • I ordered the front camera 84400532 used on ebay. It worked great. I already owned the towing camera. It was included with my truck purchase. 
  • I purchased my upgraded VPM module from a chevy equinox. So, it seems to be a universal part. WAMS did an amazing job of programming the module. Make sure to mention which type of mirrors you have. I had towing mirrors which changes the camera position vs the smaller mirrors.
  • I went a little crazy cutting my front grill(Dremel) when installing the camera. Make sure you look an an existing grill / truck first(I didn't). You will see the top of the camera body is somewhat nested in the bumper(you dont need to cut much). The spot where the camera is mounted s clearly marked on our grill, even though we re not equipped with the option.  Also the angle of the camera is important. I tacked my camera in place with 3m plastic emblem epoxy, adjusted the angle, secured it with tape, then finalized the glueing. In the end, the vertical edge on the back of the camera seemed to be close to straight up and down. 
  • I did a ton of research in how to route the wires through the firewall. There is a rubber grommet in the firewall behind the battery on the passenger side with a wire chase if your inclined. But, Jarett came up with a better way. If you follow the  engine bay along the top passenger side you will see there is a cloth material that separates the engine bay from the crook of the door. I routed the cable there in plastic conduit and cloth tape for the visible parts. You can bring it down the body and in a grommet below the door harness. There was a small 1/4 inch hole I was able to route the wires inside the car through, under the floor trim to the VPM module behind the seat. 
  • Once you install the new mirrors, you have to remove the existing coax from the existing door harness where and insert the new cable end where the harness connects to the mirrors. On the front of the harness(where it plugs into the mirror)a white tabs needs to be pulled down at the bottom and there are two black tabs that have to be moved away from each other at the same time you pull the cable out the back of the harness. I did this with two small flathead eyeglass screwdrivers. Once its out. Run the new cable through the rubber boot and up into the door and plug it into the harness. Then out the door jam boot into the same grommet and route the previous cable took. I think Jarett showed pictures of this. I ran mine at the same time. So I only did this once.
  • You have to remove the trim piece along the seat and the top trim piece by the door first(the pull straight up), then you can remove the footwell trim piece by pulling from front to back horizontally(2 clips). This is how I accessed the wire routing locations.
  • I found videos on youtube for how to remove the back rest of the back seat and the door panels. It was easy. 
  • Jarett was kind enough to give me the new cabling diagram. It basically goes like this on the new module:
    • Wire 1 Red Radio
    • Wire 1 Beige Backup Cam
    • Wire 1 Green Sideview Left
    • Wire 2 Green Cargo / Bed Cam
    • Wire 1 Brown Sideview Right
    • Wire 2 Brown Inside Trailer
    • Wire 1 Curry(Dark Red) Grille Cam
    • Wire 2 Curry Outside / Invis Trailer Cam
  • The previous modules cables:
    • Wire 1 Red Radio
    • Wire 2 Red Backup Cam
    • Wire 1 Beige Inside Trailer
    • Wire 2 Beige Cargo
    • Wire Green Outside Trailer Cam
  • The cables will plug into the module without the connectors in place, so check connectivity / functionality first before installing. The side cameras do not work unless the door is closed. The trailer cameras dont work unless the trailer is plugged in and recognized. 
  • The new VPM module is bigger than the old one. I used the bolt close to the passenger wall for mounting. It was secured with that bolt, but I used  double sided tape to hold it in place on the other side I didn't remove any bolts, just in case I ever wanted to put it back. 

• Like 2