No album art thru usb??

What up fam!! 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 owner.

Has anyone been able to get album art to display when using a usb thumb drive? I get art on sirius, and AA, but not thru thumb drive. It's not a big deal, i was just wondering if anyone has gotten it to work. I'm using a 64gb

The system has to build a database for the music it finds. If this is the first time it may take some time. I get them on an ancient iPod but I have not tried a usb stick yet. Does have to be recognized by Gracenotes to work is my understanding.

• Thanks 1

I know if I play music off my iPhone without CarPlay it doesn’t show the album artwork but if I do it through CarPlay it will show the album artwork. No idea on usb sticks though 

Car Play artwork = yes
USB artwork = yes when navigating in folder view on the infotainment system

I have not been able to display album art at the track level when playing from the USB stick. 2019 Silverado LTZ here.

BTW, how are you getting artwork from Sirius? I thought we had the same stereo and software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda shocked that USB sticks are still used to play music?

Yeah, I don’t have the connectivity everywhere I am to use CarPlay. Plus, not a fan of iTunes file mgmt, made even worse when you play it over Bluetooth and Gracenote tries to index it. I get the same effect as setting album playback to random, ‘cause it ain’t in order.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ice_nyne said:

Yeah, I don’t have the connectivity everywhere I am to use CarPlay. Plus, not a fan of iTunes file mgmt, made even worse when you play it over Bluetooth and Gracenote tries to index it. I get the same effect as setting album playback to random, ‘cause it ain’t in order.

I also find that the volume/base and sound quality is typically far better using a USB stick over Google play music, Musicolet and various other apps through my phone and yes it's relatively modern. (Pixel 3)

13 hours ago, Michael621 said:

I'm kinda shocked that USB sticks are still used to play music?

What else are you supposed to use in modern trucks? No CD player. I don't have money to throw away on Sirius or unlimited data for my phone. Radio sucks. USB is all that's left. 

I also find that the volume/base and sound quality is typically far better using a USB stick over Google play music

For sure. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay both normalize by Album, not by track, so you get some weird playback levels.

• Like 2