2017 GMC Sierra SLE AC issue driver side blows cold and passenger side blows warm air

Hello all, I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if there's various threads about this. But I recently had my condenser replaced on my 2017 Gmc sierra 1500 in June due to a leak on the right weld. After the condenser was replaced I felt like my ac wasn't working like it should. Waited two weeks to take it back to were it was service and today I took it back. The shop vacuumed out the old freon and then recharge it. They said they tested for leaks and that their machine wouldn't recharge it if there was any leaks. Not sure how true that is but okay. Got on the highway and low and behold my driver side is cold and passenger side warm air still. Any suggestions?

Hello all, I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if there's various threads about this. But I recently had my condenser replaced on my 2017 Gmc sierra 1500 in June due to a leak on the right weld. After the condenser was replaced I felt like my ac wasn't working like it should. Waited two weeks to take it back to were it was service and today I took it back. The shop vacuumed out the old freon and then recharge it. They said they tested for leaks and that their machine wouldn't recharge it if there was any leaks. Not sure how true that is but okay. Got on the highway and low and behold my driver side is cold and passenger side warm air still. Any suggestions?

I've had that happen ,must be a mixing door that's stuck . I'm sure youve pushed buttons trying to switch the airflow already , but keep doing that and it will probably become unstuck unexpectedly. I've had that and other similar weird things happen with the climate control that one day magically fixes itself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Ira1976 said:

I've had that happen ,must be a mixing door that's stuck . I'm sure youve pushed buttons trying to switch the airflow already , but keep doing that and it will probably become unstuck unexpectedly. I've had that and other similar weird things happen with the climate control that one day magically fixes itself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion, I honestly only messed with the airflow switches maybe twice. I will take your advice and see if that helps get the mix door unstuck. If not ill change it out and see if that works. I'll keep yall posted. Thanks again. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, Minor Santos said:

Vent door actuator either bad or lost its programming or stuck. Have the same issue occasionally on my 2014. You can disconnect ground cable from battery for 5 minutes and also at the same time remove the hvac fuses under the hood. Two of them. Cant recall their numbers.Then reinstall fuses and battery cable. Start truck. Do not touch any climate controls until it all resets itself. Might take a couple minutes to go through the reset.

4 minutes ago, Ed S said:

Vent door actuator either bad or lost its programming or stuck. Have the same issue occasionally on my 2014. You can disconnect ground cable from battery for 5 minutes and also at the same time remove the hvac fuses under the hood. Two of them. Cant recall their numbers.Then reinstall fuses and battery cable. Start truck. Do not touch any climate controls until it all resets itself. Might take a couple minutes to go through the reset.

Thanks for that info. I actually tried it but didn't wait 5 min more 3min and then touched the climate controls which I'm sure  didn't  allow it to do its job and reset it self. I will try that again. Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Minor Santos said:

Thanks for that info. I actually tried it but didn't wait 5 min more 3min and then touched the climate controls which I'm sure  didn't  allow it to do its job and reset it self. I will try that again. Thank you 

Your welcome. Like i said, I have to remove the two fuses as well besides the cable. Just to be safe i wait about 10 minutes. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Ed S said:

Your welcome. Like i said, I have to remove the two fuses as well besides the cable. Just to be safe i wait about 10 minutes. Good luck.

Question do you happen to know which actuator would need to be changed out if the method above doesn't work? I have done my research and I can only see about 4 actuator in my gmc sierra. I was able to locate all of them just wasn't sure if its the lower actuator for passenger or is it the top one behind the temperature control. Or just swap out both for new ones instead of guessing. 

I believe the top one behind temperature control is for the left, drivers vents. If your truck is a 17 isn't it still under warranty? 3yr/36000 miles bumper to bumper?

3 minutes ago, Ed S said:

I believe the top one behind temperature control is for the left, drivers vents. If your truck is a 17 isn't it still under warranty? 3yr/36000 miles bumper to bumper?

Unfortunately my warranty voided 32k miles ago. I'm at 68k now. 

31 minutes ago, Johnnyh29 said:

How much were you charged to replace the condenser? I also have a leak in weld 

I was charged 900+.... but if you are a DIY person and feel comfortable doing any AC work then it would definitely be cheaper to do it yourself. After looking at videos on YouTube, I felt like I could have done it in my driveway but then again in this Texas heat I wouldn't stand a chance.