Has anyone done a jump seat conversion on a 2020?

So I recently purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra and I have the jump seat configuration Id like to switch to the jump seat to a center console and I was wondering has anyone done that on a 2019 or a 2020 GM truck already? I feel this is a do-able modification to my vehicle but Im looking to see what I would need to do. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by j.c.hill

There's a couple of threads on here dealing with it,hardest part is finding the console.It took me 4 months of daily searching at salvage yards before I found one.

• 1 month later...

Is your jump seat leather or cloth? This weekend I am truck shopping, I want the LTZ features but they typically come the center console which I do not want, so a trade could happen here. I had a 2018 LTZ in which I did the same thing, swapped out the console for the jump seat

4 hours ago, Vinnie Cantacessi said:

Is your jump seat leather or cloth? This weekend I am truck shopping, I want the LTZ features but they typically come the center console which I do not want, so a trade could happen here. I had a 2018 LTZ in which I did the same thing, swapped out the console for the jump seat

I have a brand new jump seat for sale that i just took out of my 2020 LT if you're interested 

3 hours ago, Hoss Dawson said:

Hi

This is out of a 2020 Sierra. It should fit my 2020 Silverado,  correct?

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

Should be a direct bolt in. However that looks to be an AT4 with brown stitching on the lid. So you may want to change that and the side trim that matches the doors. If the price is good I'd snap it up. They are kinda difficult to come by.

Be sure to get the trim finish panel that fits below the usb and dash outlet as well as the bracket on the bottom of the console.

Also, I've read that if your truck is a base or custom then the wiring is not present to make the interior light or usb ports function without some custom wiring on your part.

Hi

Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on the trim piece you're talking about? Also I do have the custom so wiring could be an issue. Would you know if the rear AC vents will be any problems.? I can get it for $630 shipped.

Thanks 

Hoss

On 8/19/2020 at 7:17 PM, Hoss Dawson said:

Hi

Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on the trim piece you're talking about? Also I do have the custom so wiring could be an issue. Would you know if the rear AC vents will be any problems.? I can get it for $630 shipped.

Thanks 

FB_IMG_1598134198455.jpg

FB_IMG_1598134272356.jpg

The rear a/c vents on the console will work no problem as long as your current jumpseat has them. 

My truck also had the usb and charger port on the rear of the jumpseat with the a/c vents. So the ones on the rear of the console function as well. The interior console light also works. I simply unplugged the jumpseat harness and plugged in the console harness in its place.

If your custom doesn't have this usb and charger port then it doesn't have the needed wiring harness to make the console ones functional.