adding OEM wireless charging pad to a 2019-2020 Silverado

10 hours ago, SummitWhiteT1 said:

Did you ever figure out which harness you needed? I have the same issue. Harness I ordered has all the plugs needed except the one for the center console USB ports/SD reader

I'm waiting on what i think is the correct harness to come in.  My parts guy agreed that if it's the wrong one he won't sell it to me, but put it in inventory.  I won't know until GM let's it ship.  I haven't forgot about this thread.  I'll update when I can.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:59 AM, Transient said:

I'm waiting on what i think is the correct harness to come in.  My parts guy agreed that if it's the wrong one he won't sell it to me, but put it in inventory.  I won't know until GM let's it ship.  I haven't forgot about this thread.  I'll update when I can.

Following, just need the part number to the harness with the USB/SD plug inside the console.

8 hours ago, Atomicon7 said:

Following, just need the part number to the harness with the USB/SD plug inside the console.

What is wrong with harness i originally posted when I started this thread?  It has usb/sd, wiring for wireless charger and wiring for heated rear seat if you wish to add later.

How many harness combinations are there? I'm looking at the schematic for a Sierra on GMPD and it only shows 2 possibilities; w/o charger, w/o heated rears & w/ charger, w/ heated rears.

My truck coming in has heated rears so by the looks of things I may already have the correct harness since I don't see one for w/o charger w/ heated rears. 

6 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

What is wrong with harness i originally posted when I started this thread?  It has usb/sd, wiring for wireless charger and wiring for heated rear seat if you wish to add later.

Does your USB port inside your console look like this?

I just want to make sure with the harness you provided (84482759) I will be able to connect this USB and have a working data/charging connection.

IMG_7886.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 7:51 AM, Rally6.2RST said:

I didn't want heated rear seats, but needed everything else.  That's the issue I have.  The second number you posted later in the thread is what I went with, but it didn't have usb/SD connectors.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, fastk9dad said:

How many harness combinations are there? I'm looking at the schematic for a Sierra on GMPD and it only shows 2 possibilities; w/o charger, w/o heated rears & w/ charger, w/ heated rears.

My truck coming in has heated rears so by the looks of things I may already have the correct harness since I don't see one for w/o charger w/ heated rears. 

There's at least 4 that I've been able to find, but almost double that in part numbers because GM keeps changing the numbers. 

• Like 1

Well, I finally did the install today, and must thank all of you for your tips along the way.  I went ahead and installed the AC tube too and also an Autostop eliminator behind the console switch.  It took me a few hours, but as I sit and enjoy the finished factory look, I can appreciate my efforts as well as your own experiences on this forum.

Edited by Legal4u
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Legal4u said:

Well, I finally did the install today, and must thank all of you for your tips along the way.  I went ahead and installed the AC tube too and also an Autostop eliminator behind the console switch.  It took me a few hours, but as I sit and enjoy the finished factory look, I can appreciate my efforts as well as your own experiences on this forum.

How was installing the AC tube/vent? Any major difficulties? Any pictures by any chance?

I have all the parts but haven’t had the time yet for the install. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:45 PM, Atomicon7 said:

Does your USB port inside your console look like this?

I just want to make sure with the harness you provided (84482759) I will be able to connect this USB and have a working data/charging connection.

IMG_7886.jpg

yes! that is the exact one in my truck, inside the console.

18 hours ago, Z06JPB said:

How was installing the AC tube/vent? Any major difficulties? Any pictures by any chance?

I have all the parts but haven’t had the time yet for the install. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood to take pictures (as it was a bigger job than expected), but I took off the lower glove compartment box/door and then unscrewed the assembly around the lower glove box (note, there are two hidden screws - one by the center console and a second one under the plastic covering the fuses on right by the passenger side door (I didn't even know there were fuses there).  I then saw the bright white oval plug on the left side behind the center stack console (can't miss it) and used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull out the white plug (it takes some force).  Next I spent some time maneuvering the tube into place.  Don't worry about bending it, it sprung right back into proper form.  It took some work, but when it went into place everything was lined up perfectly.  

There's also a good video about the disassembly of the center console for another product that I installed at the same time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eebcWs7vDw&t=2s).  

6 hours ago, Legal4u said:

Unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood to take pictures (as it was a bigger job than expected), but I took off the lower glove compartment box/door and then unscrewed the assembly around the lower glove box (note, there are two hidden screws - one by the center console and a second one under the plastic covering the fuses on right by the passenger side door (I didn't even know there were fuses there).  I then saw the bright white oval plug on the left side behind the center stack console (can't miss it) and used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull out the white plug (it takes some force).  Next I spent some time maneuvering the tube into place.  Don't worry about bending it, it sprung right back into proper form.  It took some work, but when it went into place everything was lined up perfectly.  

There's also a good video about the disassembly of the center console for another product that I installed at the same time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eebcWs7vDw&t=2s).  

Hey thanks for this description. Definitely helps to know what to expect and look for under there. 

When I install mine eventually, I’ll try to take some pics to share.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Legal4u said:

How do you like the wireless charger? Mine is ridiculously slow on my Galaxy Note 10+. I get a way WAY faster charge if I just plug it in with a cigarette lighter charger.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:00 AM, AngryBeaver said:

How do you like the wireless charger? Mine is ridiculously slow on my Galaxy Note 10+. I get a way WAY faster charge if I just plug it in with a cigarette lighter charger.

Agreed.  It's slow with my iPhone 12 pro as well.