In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Denali2021

2021 Yukon Denali Purchased!!

Finally got my hands on one of these and in my driveway! There is lots of misinformation out there when calling around dealerships... but for the record these are definitely beginning to hit dealer lots. The larger dealers will likely have more inside scoop and designated allotments from the manufacturer. Be prepared to pay sticker. I've communicated with tons of dealers across the nation to get a feel for what expected pricing was going to be, all but one would not budge off MSRP. And we currently have absolutely no leverage to really negotiate because you can't really threaten with shopping the next dealer down the highway because there were only a few in all of Dallas. I had to drive to Houston to find this one with everything I wanted. Alot of these are arriving on lots pre-purchased. I lost out on a couple of other deals because they were being snatched up a day or 2 after arriving and I was dragging my feet. Alot of dealers told me I was getting a good deal because lots of other competitors had markups on their 2021's... I didn't find a single dealer attempting to get over msrp so absolutely DO NOT believe this nor agree to anything over sticker. 

She's fully loaded with the Denali Premium Package, Rear Seat Screens, Max Trailering, and the Illumination Package. Window sticker attached. There are currently ZERO factory incentives on this thing either with rebates or financing. I was able to get a really great rate however through GMC Financial but it was not due to any official promotion. Dealers are allowing test drives on these so try and search Cars.com for something close and go check it out. Be aware, 80-90% of the listings on Cars.com are either still being built or in transit. You will have to contact dealers to actually get an idea of whats on the lot. 

Car looks amazing in person, GMC hit the styling spot on with this one. Interior is a huge step up from previous. Truck rides like a dream with the new IRS. Tons of space inside with pretty solid fit and finish. The 6.2 pulls like a freight train of course. The drive back from Houston to Dallas (aprx 300 miles) chewed through 3/4 of a tank. Premium gas only is recommended. MPG was pretty disappointing at around 15 mpg. We were booking it back home at a pretty good rate of speed so the heavy right foot definitely attributed. Overall couldn't be happier with the purchase so far. She's a bit dirty after getting rained on and hasn't had her first detail yet. More updates/pics to come.

I know info is really limited on these so ask any questions!

2020-07-09-17-12-57-Photos.png
20200707-202920.jpg
20200707-203104.jpg
20200707-203315.jpg
20200707-203329.jpg
20200707-203346.jpg
20200707-203355.jpg
20200707-232726.jpg
20200707-232737.jpg
20200707-232743.jpg
20200707-232747.jpg
20200707-232801.jpg
20200707-232824.jpg
20200707-232835.jpg
20200707-232841.jpg
20200707-232847.jpg
20200707-233042.jpg
20200708-124904.jpg
20200709-155510.jpg
20200709-155523.jpg
20200709-155536.jpg
20200709-155555.jpg
20200709-155600.jpg
20200709-155610.jpg
20200709-155624.jpg
20200709-155643.jpg
20200709-155651.jpg
20200709-155704.jpg
20200709-155707.jpg
20200709-155711.jpg
20200709-155733.jpg
20200709-155841.jpg
20200709-155849.jpg

Edited by Denali2021
  • Like 2

Curious if you got a chance to see any other interiors in person. I have always like the Dune and the black as the Cocoa Shale was a bit too light for me. Not terribly fond of the wood in the black interior.  Also, for the rear entertainment, seems perfect for young children but for teens with ipads/phones, are they even going to use that? (I ask as a father of two teens). 

Last, assuming those are the standard premium wheels that will likely be on most Denalis? I like them just fine but if you recall the previous MY, GMC put the smaller less attractive wheels on some of the builds. Making sure these are the "good ones."

20 hours ago, yahtzee said:

Curious if you got a chance to see any other interiors in person. I have always like the Dune and the black as the Cocoa Shale was a bit too light for me. Not terribly fond of the wood in the black interior.  Also, for the rear entertainment, seems perfect for young children but for teens with ipads/phones, are they even going to use that? (I ask as a father of two teens). 

Last, assuming those are the standard premium wheels that will likely be on most Denalis? I like them just fine but if you recall the previous MY, GMC put the smaller less attractive wheels on some of the builds. Making sure these are the "good ones."

So the very first 2021 we saw and test drove was a white frost tricoat with the teak/light shale interior. That interior was absolutely gorgeous and looked ultra luxury however the wife felt like a black interior was just 'speaking to her'. So a few days later we found a black on black 2021 that was sold but still at a local dealer available to peak at. We both fell in love with the darker theme. In my opinion it looks more modern, sleek, and tough/trucklike. Plus with an infant and toddler, the darker interior I think will hold up better over the next decade we plan on keeping this thing. 

You make a very valid point on the need (or lack of need) for rear entertainment in today's device filled world... I feel like we went with them b/c of the age of our kids of course. I've got a thumbdrive loaded with kid cartoons so as soon as we get in I start an episode on my toddlers screen and she's quiet/happy. She's at the age where she can watch the same episode/movie 100x and still be engaged. One way however I can see it useful for teens is movies on roadtrips where you wont have to kink your neck to look down at an ipad for 10 hours. We also have the wifi subscription so I simply plug in a Firestick into the rear hdmi port and I can get Netflix, Amazon Video, etc on 2 big gorgeous screens. I can see that being useful for teens as well. If your cell phone has the ability to work as hotspot you can accomplish the same thing without vehicle wifi. ALSO... if they have Android phones (not compatible with Apple), the rear screens are compatible with Miracast in which they can cast their entire phone screen to the rear seat screen and completely control their phone via the touch screen on the rear seat. So connect their phone which takes 5 seconds, the rear seat screen basically turns into a 12.6 inch HD version of their smartphone where they can control their youtube, social media, etc all on a bigger screen and keep their phone in their pocket. Then of course there are included IR headsets compatible with each screen that can pick up on separate audio streams coming from each screen if playing different content. And also you can connect up to 10 different bluetooth headphones to each screen which I'm sure your teens have a wide variety of. 

As far as wheels go, the Denali's come by default with the smaller less attractive 20' wheels. Once you add the 'Denali Premium Package' it upgrades you to the 22' wheels you see in the pic. So technically the wheels you see aren't standard but I'd say 75%-80% of the Denalis I found listed by dealers had the premium package added so the 22 incher will be a common sight I believe. With the size of this vehicle and massive amount of wheel gap... I feel like the 20's would look too small and the 22's are much more adequate. Hope this helps!

11 minutes ago, Denali2021 said:

IMG-1722.jpg

Sharp. I just pulled trigger on a combo that was hard to find the past few years...white tricoat and the darker brown interior. Delivering to me from 400 miles away tomorrow afternoon.

Sharp. I just pulled trigger on a combo that was hard to find the past few years...white tricoat and the darker brown interior. Delivering to me from 400 miles away tomorrow afternoon.
Congrats on that! Be sure to post pics. I haven't seen that combo yet. Do you plan on purchasing the extended warranty?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the extensive pics. I always find the owner pics more engaging than the promo/ marketing pics. This would be the first one of the new SUVs I've seen pics of that weren't advertising pictures. I also happened to see the first one in real life on Friday in the form of a Tahoe. At first I thought it was a SIlverado until it passed by me and I saw the sides. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvalancheZ71 said:

So even black is an upcharge color. Are there any colors that are not extra cost?

All colours have a 'charge'

White Frost Tricoat5    G1W
Satin Steel Metallic6    G9K
Summit White    GAZ
Onyx Black6    GBA
NEW!  Hunter Metallic7    GED
Dark Sky Metallic6    GJI
NEW!  Pearl Beige Metallic8    GJW
NEW!  Midnight Blue Metallic6    GLU
Smokey Quartz Metallic6    GS6
NEW!  Cayenne Red Tintcoat6    GSK

1 - Interior color has lighter/darker two-tone effect.
2 - Includes Brandy seat accents.
3 - Requires interior trim (4AA) Jet Black.
4 - Requires interior trim (4AI) Brownstone.
5 - Extra charge. Not available on SLE.
6 - Extra charge.
7 - Extra charge. Only available on Denali.
8 - Extra charge. Not available on AT4.

1 thru 4 are notes regarding interior 

Summit white has no extra charge. It's the only one.

I remember the days when most if not all colors were no extra charge. Onyx black used to be no extra charge.

I also remember when there was no extra charge to check a bag with an airline. I see a trend.

Soon they will charge extra for the carpet. Or the key fob.

Didn't know that Chevy and GMC had different interiors around the screen. Wow $80k for a Yukon. I would have gotten an XL or Suburban. We have had Suburbans for 20 years straight. Love the extra room.

7ca0f8b05bc65b42ff9437fd54308c38.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yea it's crazy to think plain ol' black is extra...? On an 80k suv??

And yea its the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased... prior to this my vehicle was about half the cost... but that was also over a decade ago when vehicle prices were much more normal

22 hours ago, Denali2021 said:

Yea it's crazy to think plain ol' black is extra...? On an 80k suv??

And yea its the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased... prior to this my vehicle was about half the cost... but that was also over a decade ago when vehicle prices were much more normal

I look at the cost to own now. How much $$$ per year. I've been buying off-lease vehicles since 2007. The sticker prices for new vehicles are unbelievable. Let someone else take the first year depreciation hit. So I won't be getting into one of these for a few years. Enjoy it!

On 7/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, AvalancheZ71 said:

I look at the cost to own now. How much $$$ per year. I've been buying off-lease vehicles since 2007. The sticker prices for new vehicles are unbelievable. Let someone else take the first year depreciation hit. So I won't be getting into one of these for a few years. Enjoy it!

Right? I bought my wife's 2010 Suburban LT 2wd in 2013, it had 40k miles on it and I got it for $30k. At the time the sticker would have been almost $60k new. 

Now it's got 160k miles on it and is beat to ****** (tons of little kids spilling juice boxes and whatnot) but all the kids are old enough not to spill anymore so we're looking at replacing it soon. Hard to justify $70k for a 2021 when a 2019 with 40k miles can still be had for $35k or so. 

might be a dumb question, but where in the world is the battery? buried under the fuse box? I note that there's remote jump posts for pos and neg