In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Denali2021

2021 Yukon Denali Purchased!!

On 7/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, Denali2021 said:

So the very first 2021 we saw and test drove was a white frost tricoat with the teak/light shale interior. That interior was absolutely gorgeous and looked ultra luxury however the wife felt like a black interior was just 'speaking to her'. So a few days later we found a black on black 2021 that was sold but still at a local dealer available to peak at. We both fell in love with the darker theme. In my opinion it looks more modern, sleek, and tough/trucklike. Plus with an infant and toddler, the darker interior I think will hold up better over the next decade we plan on keeping this thing. 

You make a very valid point on the need (or lack of need) for rear entertainment in today's device filled world... I feel like we went with them b/c of the age of our kids of course. I've got a thumbdrive loaded with kid cartoons so as soon as we get in I start an episode on my toddlers screen and she's quiet/happy. She's at the age where she can watch the same episode/movie 100x and still be engaged. One way however I can see it useful for teens is movies on roadtrips where you wont have to kink your neck to look down at an ipad for 10 hours. We also have the wifi subscription so I simply plug in a Firestick into the rear hdmi port and I can get Netflix, Amazon Video, etc on 2 big gorgeous screens. I can see that being useful for teens as well. If your cell phone has the ability to work as hotspot you can accomplish the same thing without vehicle wifi. ALSO... if they have Android phones (not compatible with Apple), the rear screens are compatible with Miracast in which they can cast their entire phone screen to the rear seat screen and completely control their phone via the touch screen on the rear seat. So connect their phone which takes 5 seconds, the rear seat screen basically turns into a 12.6 inch HD version of their smartphone where they can control their youtube, social media, etc all on a bigger screen and keep their phone in their pocket. Then of course there are included IR headsets compatible with each screen that can pick up on separate audio streams coming from each screen if playing different content. And also you can connect up to 10 different bluetooth headphones to each screen which I'm sure your teens have a wide variety of. 

As far as wheels go, the Denali's come by default with the smaller less attractive 20' wheels. Once you add the 'Denali Premium Package' it upgrades you to the 22' wheels you see in the pic. So technically the wheels you see aren't standard but I'd say 75%-80% of the Denalis I found listed by dealers had the premium package added so the 22 incher will be a common sight I believe. With the size of this vehicle and massive amount of wheel gap... I feel like the 20's would look too small and the 22's are much more adequate. Hope this helps!

What miracast app did you download? I search miracast on the play store and many pop up. I've tried a couple but none connect. Any tips would be helpful. I was using a fire stick to watch movies but it did something to the outlet and now it's not working. Dealership cant look at it for another 2 weeks.

Thank you 

On 7/16/2020 at 3:22 PM, Denali2021 said:

So the very first 2021 we saw and test drove was a white frost tricoat with the teak/light shale interior. That interior was absolutely gorgeous and looked ultra luxury however the wife felt like a black interior was just 'speaking to her'. So a few days later we found a black on black 2021 that was sold but still at a local dealer available to peak at. We both fell in love with the darker theme. In my opinion it looks more modern, sleek, and tough/trucklike. Plus with an infant and toddler, the darker interior I think will hold up better over the next decade we plan on keeping this thing. 

That's strange, considering probably 99% of the previous generation on dealer lots had all black interiors. I'm not a fan of black myself, but I do think this look is an improvement over the last gen. Less monochrome with a few different textures. The black wood really pops. 

Question for you: How is the A/C performance? Black-on-black in the Texas heat is a serious challenge. 

Edited by Mandalorian

What miracast app did you download? I search miracast on the play store and many pop up. I've tried a couple but none connect. Any tips would be helpful. I was using a fire stick to watch movies but it did something to the outlet and now it's not working. Dealership cant look at it for another 2 weeks.
Thank you 
Yea so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an android only thing so hopefully you don't have an iPhone. On my Note 20 it's called Smartview and the car screens pop up to connect to. Can also do it from within YouTube with the cast icon. If you are on iPhone there might be a workaround worth researching. Hope this helps! e6cd00ee54d9f719a27b131a4182cbb7.jpg2317c72cd376c3bdddc1dc89edf1471b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Denali2021 said:

Yea so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an android only thing so hopefully you don't have an iPhone. On my Note 20 it's called Smartview and the car screens pop up to connect to. Can also do it from within YouTube with the cast icon. If you are on iPhone there might be a workaround worth researching. Hope this helps! e6cd00ee54d9f719a27b131a4182cbb7.jpg2317c72cd376c3bdddc1dc89edf1471b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thank you! I have android! I appreciate your response! 

Was just looking at the available Yukons at Laura Buick GMC near St. Louis.  All are discounted $4,000.  And they have 90+ in stock.  They will provide pickup at St. Louis airport and you can road trip it back home!  

Picked up a 2021 AT4. You are right on the msrp. They weren’t willing to budge. However we had a trade and they worked with us on that. Also, I anticipated that they weren’t going to come down on the price so I went to the parts department and priced out the all weather floor mats and the roof racks. I had them throw those in for free. So be a student of the process and you can work a deal. They always win in the end but at least you will feel good about saving a few extra bucks.

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got this same vehicle and cannot figure out how to get the rear entertainment audio to play on the vehicle speakers. When I select audio from the front seat screen and then select the media source from the usb or HDMI ports, it will not play the audio. Just silence.

Also, if not using the gmc headphones, how does one adjust the volume of the rear media? There doesn't seem to be any option to adjust the volume on the screen. I wish they had left traditional audio inputs on the screens. The bluetooth headphones are such a pain to keep charged for the kids.